Transportation Security Specialist
Annapolis Junction, MD 20701
Seeking an Expert/Advisor/SME to support a program with Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Transportation Security Administration (TSA) for airline security. This role serves as POC between TSA and airline clients to ensure compliance to all TSA regulations for security screening processes, passenger check-in processes, and booking and reservation channels for airlines and Global Distribution Systems. This position requires prior experience supporting DHS TSA and a strong understanding of airline booking processes. Experience with software implementations is preferred.
Security Clearance Requirement
This position supports a federal government program and requires U.S. Citizen with ability to successfully pass a background investigation. Prior DHS BI Suitability preferred.
Required Skills and Experience include:
- Knowledge of DHS TSA structure and a strong understanding of airline booking processes and Global Distribution Systems to support airline carriers' ability to adhere to TSA regulations
- Experience serving in an Advisor role and ability to resolve issues related to required airline submission of passenger data for security risk assessment
- Must be able to consider airline compliance issues and assess technical impacts of new requirements
- Must understand risk based security assessments for general aviation aircraft operators
- Strong understanding of technical architecture for communication systems, messaging technologies and transaction processing applications such as WebSphere/MQ (highly desired), XML, UN/EDIFACT
- Technical background and ability to develop technical documentation and guidance for government and airline clients
- Experience with customer deployment of computer systems including coordination, testing, and readiness assessment
- Knowledge of test strategy, test plan development, and test case development
- Strong data analysis skills including collecting, analysing and verifying technical data using Excel and other applications
- Keen ability to apply data analysis to identify errors and determine root causes for technical compliance issues
- Must have the ability to quickly adapt to new business and application requirements in order to assess their impact on current applications and processes and mitigate potential issues
- Strong skills with project scheduling to coordinate, track, test and implement changes and enhancements
Resume and interest may be submitted to Mary Jane Prigge, Technical Recruiter.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- PMP is a plus
Keywords: Security Expert, Aviation Security, Risk-Based, Secure Flight, Airline Compliance
JobServe USA - 8 months ago
Mary Jane Prigge Consulting provides recruiting services to small and mid-sized professional services firms providing technology and...