Harman International Industries, Inc. is the worldwide leader in the manufacture of high-quality, high-fidelity audio and electronic products for automotive, consumer and professional use. For more than 50 years, our legendary brands have taken a leading role in the creation and innovation of progressive technologies, from the world's first car radio in 1948 to today's most revolutionary infotainment systems.
Requisition Number: MKTG1839
Job Title: Manager, Ecommerce
Area of Interest: Marketing
Career Level: Experienced (manager / supervisor)
Position Type: Full Time - Regular
State / Province: Connecticut
Country: United States Company Summary:
HARMAN is the parent company behind an array of legendary brands that includes Harman Kardon®, JBL®, Mark Levinson® and Infinity®. We are a leading global provider of premium audio and infotainment solutions, engaging customers around the home, in the car and on the go. Our family of distinguished brands enjoys a legacy spanning more than 60 years of leading-edge innovation and premium quality. Our customers include the top names in entertainment, automotive and venue design - linked by a common passion for high-fidelity sound and multimedia. We operate worldwide through a network of more than 12,000 talented employees and best-in-class channel partners, positioned to serve both the emerging and established markets. Many among our team began their careers on the stage or in the recording studio, bringing their personal experience as customers to the design and production of innovative new audio technologies.
We develop and deliver solutions that embrace innovation, superior value and a highly-satisfying customer experience. We achieve this by fostering a culture of employee empowerment and creativity, blended with integrity and accountability. We are committed to continuous improvement in delivery new value to our investors and every HARMAN stakeholder.
Job Title: Manager, Global Ecommerce - Lifestyle Division
Location: Stamford, CT - USA
Department: Ecommerce Department - Lifestyle Division
Reports To: VP, Global Ecommerce - Lifestyle Division
The recently formed Lifestyle Division along with the Home & Multimedia SBU is charged with re-energizing all of Harman's Consumer Businesses. It coincides with the company committing to its largest ever Marketing investment. Ultimate brand relevance will come from a combination of compelling segment strategy, differentiated product roadmap that is meaningful to consumers, significant brand investments and of course in-market execution which are all ongoing initiatives in our Lifestyle Division. Harman is now building a world-class Ecommerce Team that can leverage all of this marketing and product development investment and that will execute the vision & strategy for a global ecommerce sales channel with significant and aggressive web sales targets.
The Manager, Global Ecommerce will be responsible for managing all aspects of ecommerce projects, from conception to implementation, in order to develop a global state-of-the-art ecommerce sales channel as a vehicle for business & sales with consumers around the world. This individual acts as a liaison with business stakeholders and cross-functional teams to drive enhancements to the online business. As a Manager, he/she will also need to stay abreast of changes in the ecommerce and online marketing environment to best serve the objectives of the organization.
- Work with Vice President, Global Ecommerce and regional ecommerce leaders to define business priorities in order to increase site conversion rates and overall online revenue.
- Evaluate new business opportunities by meeting with vendors and determining potential effort & ROI of various projects. Conduct competitive benchmarking and recommend best practices during project scoping.
- Manage full project lifecycle, from conception through implementation, including (but not limited to) determining the business requirements and deliverables, resource allocation, responsibilities, and schedule.
- Regularly report on project status, issues (risks and solutions) as well as inform and enforce process/workflow. Escalate critical issues to management when necessary, identifying and recommending solutions.
- Measure results of efforts by utilizing web analytics dashboards and creating other reports to support the global and regional business needs.
- Business Competence - Experience in ecommerce project implementation and management (preferable in the consumer electronics industry) - 5-8 years experience in implementing industry leading ecommerce projects for an Internet Retailer Top 500 website. Understanding of ecommerce business models for the consumer electronics industry Including trends, competitors, distribution channels, customer base, promotion and products.
- Technical competence - Solid experience and grasp of ecommerce functionality/ usability, web technology, and ecommerce vendors. Understanding of best practices in online and omnichannel retail. Experience as a business user with ecommerce platforms such as ATG & Demandware and web analytics platforms such as Google Analytics & Omniture are a plus.
- BS Degree is required, MBA preferred
- Solid planning and organization skills - Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous complex projects and schedules.
- Good collaboration skills - Ability to effectively collaborate with people and teams from all functions within Harman across all of our global regions.
- Demonstrated creativity and out-of-the box thinking - Constantly pushing new ideas and programs to solve sales and market challenges.
- Strategically and operationally strong - Ability to synthesize complex information into a simple strategy and then execute against this strategy.
- Business acumen - Solid business, analytical and financial background.
- Communication Skills - Exceptional written, verbal and presentation abilities.
- Willingness to travel 10-20% of the time globally.
- Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test
Harman International - 13 months ago