Job Number: PF HW 01
Close Date: N/A
Location: Pt. Fosdick
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: Part time, 4-12 hours per week
Starting Range: $9.19+ per hour, depending on experience
Position open until filled.
The YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties is seeking a member service-oriented individual to work as a Health and Wellness Coach at the Point Fosdick Women's Center in Gig Harbor.
The Gig Harbor Branch is a part of YMCA's Activate America national initiative that is committed to:
- Supporting those who want to lead a healthy lifestyle, but struggle to do so.
- Being an integral part of our community's efforts to make long-lasting changes that support healthy living.
- Working in collaboration through partnerships with public, private and other non-profit organizations.
- Set members up, provide orientation, and assist them with personalized workout plans.
- Build effective relationships with members; help members connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Assist members in reaching their individual health and well-being goals while building relationships and facilitating a "connection" to other YMCA members.
- Help connect members to the variety of YMCA programs and events offered at the branch, including small groups.
- Maintain contact with members and continue to track and encourage them throughout their time in the program. Help them work towards their fitness goals with motivation, instruction, and support.
- Teach and demonstrate proper form and technique using current safety guidelines.
- Maintain accurate and complete records on each member.
- Ensure a substitute has been arranged when necessary and notify a supervisor of any schedule changes.
- Additional responsibilities may include the instruction of classes in other departments.
- Supervise and enforce the policies and safe practices of the facility.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for connecting with and providing assistance to members.
- CPR / AED / First Aid / O2 certifications or the ability to obtain them withing the first three months of employment.
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities to relate to those with a variety of fitness backgrounds and medical histories.
- YMCA Group Exercise Instructor and Fitness Specialist certifications are preferred.