• The candidate for this position will be responsible for the acquisition of air permits to support operations of applicable Tallgrass Energy Partners facilities. The candidate will provide technical support to operations staff to ensure compliance with the Clean Air Act and other related Federal and State air permitting requirements. The position will be located in Lakewood, CO and will be part-time with the potential to expand into a full-time position in the future if preferred by candidate. This position will work in conjunction with other air permitting professionals to provide system wide support to operations to ensure and maintain compliance with applicable air requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plan, organize, coordinate, budget and manage timely execution of air permits and related requirements accurately and in a timely manner.
• Completion of emission calculations and inventories.
• Conduct State and Federal regulatory applicability analyses.
• Frequent interaction with regulatory agencies, consultants and operations personnel.
• On-site verification and knowledge of oil and gas related equipment.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationship with engineering, operational and managerial staff.
• Attention to detail and high quality organizational skills are a must.
• Must have ability to successfully perform the required and expected duties with minimal supervision.
• Deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism.
• Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone, using a high level of verbal skills and listen carefully.
• Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
• Will work non-traditional hours as needed.
• Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
• Other daily, weekly, monthly or special project duties as identified and defined.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Environmental Science, Chemical Engineering or a related discipline.
• Proficient in MS Office applications that may include but are not limited to Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Minimum of 5 years direct and active work experience with air permitting and compliance in the oil and gas industry.
• Working knowledge of the Clean Air Act and State regulations where Tallgrass assets are operated.
• Experience in successfully interacting with Federal, State and local agency officials related to air permitting authorizations.
• Strong technical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent project management and multi-tasking skills required.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS:
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers (for travel).
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Must be able to perform all essential and marginal functions of the job.
• Must be able to work with a team, take direction from management, adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
• Ability to successfully perform multiple tasks with strict deadlines.
• Ability to organize and prioritize daily work.
• Job level commensurate with experience and skill sets; position will be filled depending on qualifications, experience and skill sets of the successful candidate.
• Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
• The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, including credit report for certain positions, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
• The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned
Tallgrass Energy Partners, LP - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard