Progress Software currently has a need for a Lead QA Engineer for their new cloud based DataDirect product. This will be a brand new offering extending their current line of products which offer standards based database connectivity for all major data sources including Oracle, IBM DB2, SQL Server, Sybase, PostgreSQL, etc. This new initiative will provide standards based connectivity for the next generation of cloud data sources.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
· 5-7 years of professional QA experience
Ability to produce detailed test plans
· Ability to read, and write Java (Environment is Java SE)
· Strong Automation Skills - this could be with any automation tool. We are currently using an in house developed automation system and are interested in exploring existing commercial tools as well.
· Web Service Testing experience – could be SOAP or REST
· Solid experience developing test cases from scratch
· Great written and Verbal Communication
· Degree required, prefer in Computer Science
WHAT THEY WILL BE DOING
· Understanding the new DataDirect product
Planning and Designing an automated Test Suite to exercise all aspects of this new product
· Implementing test cases from scratch that will be used to successfully test the functionality of the product and fit the business needs
· Testing of Web Services (this serves as the middle layer of the application, basically where all the magic happens)
Leading other QA engineers in implementing and testing this new product
Progress Software - 21 months ago
Our customers and partners have big ideas. We help them turn their ideas into business reality through the rapid development, deployment,...