213186 Analysis, Senior - Credit Proposed Job Description
Come grow with a leader in innovation, safety, and diversity!
The position, Senior Credit Analyst is responsible for various key tasks, working with Advance Materials Finance group. Evaluating and Securing Global Letters of Credit, dealing with credit risk and collection procedures. This position is based in Des Plaines, Illinois.
Honeywell International is a $37 billion diversified technology and manufacturing global leader. Honeywell has more than 120,000 employees in 100 countries around the world and has a demonstrated heritage of both innovation and achievement.
Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies, a $4.9 billion strategic business group, is a global leader in providing customers with high-performance Performance Materials and Technology, including fluorine products; specialty films and additives; advanced fibers and composites; intermediates; specialty chemicals; electronic materials and chemicals; and technologies and materials for petroleum refining with revenue .
· Possessing the knowledge of the business/industry products/services that are being marketed
· Supports the strategic direction, and understands existing policies and procedures (process maps) to ensure compliance.
· Maintain risk awareness through solid credit analysis of a strategic international portfolio.
· Evaluate credit risk, make recommendations on and/or set temporary credit limits on new and existing accounts.
· Follow established procedures on collection and dispute resolution activities, ensuring past due and collection goals are achieved.
· Activities include establishing and maintaining contact with customers concerning past due invoices, payment trends, resolution of disputed invoices, and other matters related to past due receivables. (May include travel.)
· Manage process for reviewing letters of credit for security, approving letters of credit and timely payments.
· Liaise with the document preparation company and advising banks regarding payments and exceptions.
· Work closely with site sales managers to structure financing alternatives for customers requiring special financing.
· Interface with a variety of functional areas at various business sites related to customer disputes, invoice copies, proof of delivery, contract/PO issues, etc
· Complete monthly cash collection forecasting and past due reporting on a portfolio of accounts.
· Attend cash calls and following-up on all outstanding action items.
· Participate as a member of various customer account teams.
· Lead or Participate on various process improvement teams.
· Establish and maintain a good working relationship with all levels of the business.
· Conduct business in a manner that promotes both internal and external customer satisfaction.
· Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
· Minimum 5 years experience in Finance, Credit, Collections, negotiating Letters of Credit, Credit Risk, collection policies, and the end-to-end credit processes
· Minimum 3 years multinational experience
· Minimum 1 year experience with SAP
Preferred Qualifications :
· Intermediate skill level needed with Microsoft Office products: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
· Strong working knowledge of Treasury and Banking industry and products
· Knowledge of credit and collection laws
· Strong problem solving skills
· Excellent financial analysis skills
· Goal oriented, motivated, self-starter, with excellent organizational skills and the ability to multiple task
· Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills possessing the ability to deal tactfully, confidently, and ethically with both internal and external customers
· Able to periodically travel to customer sites
· Six Sigma Green Belt Certification preferred
· Experience with negotiations on collections, disputes and securitization
· Knowledge of North and South American markets
· Bilingual is a plus
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce
Honeywell - 2 years ago
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...