Job Category: Software Engineering: Creative
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 795130-81565
Division: Interactive Entertainment Business
Here at Microsoft, we are impacting the world in beneficial ways each and every day. How often can you say that you are truly revolutionizing anything and really mean it?
The Technology and Incubation team within Microsoft Studios is part of a group chartered to do just that for entertainment content. This group most recently helped drive and ship the award winning Kinect system to the Xbox 360 as well as delivering several of the launch titles. As Microsoft Studios has broadened its charter from games to entertainment, we are now looking to push the boundaries and explore the potential of the larger playground we now occupy. Our aspirations are simple - we want to positively impact the world of entertainment, improve people's lives, delight our customers, and help discover (and ship) new experiences that revolutionize the entertainment industry!
We currently need exceptional candidates to help us achieve our goals. In particular, we have an incredible opportunity for a Publishing Audio Director who will be responsible for working collaboratively with the core Publishing team as well as multiple external developers to drive and support the vision you help create through all stages of production. You are an audio guru and a leader and are able to present your audio visions concisely and memorably and then see them through to completion.
You have the ability to work with multiple developers simultaneously in order to ensure consistent and outstanding audio experiences that reflect the individuality of specific products while representing high quality cohesion across the studio. You visualize new ways for the user to interact through amazing sound design and audio systems. You are a capable problem solver who is not afraid of the big challenges that are synonymous with developing technologies.
Communication and negotiation skills are essential as you will be aligning the needs of your publishing studio with the capabilities of individual development teams. You must be quick and concise in understanding the strengths and weaknesses of the external teams you work with in order to know how much peripheral audio support you will need to provide in order to deliver to your and your studio's high standards.
You are able to multitask and you thrive in an environment of innovation and excellence.
- Develop and maintain a consistent audio vision working collaboratively with highly creative teams and external developers
- Assess and supervise external audio teams to ensure high calibre deliverables within a timely manor
- Understand and supply auxiliary audio resources based on project goals
- Maintain a highly-positive proactive work ethic
- Work with additional audio teams to develop aural standards and style guides
- Work with Outsourcing teams to deliver a breadth of high quality audio assets within project deadlines
- Champion the audio department within the larger studio and throughout Microsoft Studios, participating in meetings, reviews, and planning as part of effective communication with the team.
- 3+ years in Audio Director position or equivalent experience with at least 5 shipped titles preferred. We will consider candidates with 5+ years of experience as Audio Director in other CG or interactive fields.
- Familiarity with directing audio for multiple projects simultaneously
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working with external audio vendors
- Self-motivated and comfortable dealing with the ambiguity of V1 and incubation work
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills, both verbal and written
- Expertise in DAWs (understanding of signal flow, plug-ins, sound design techniques, mixing & mastering)
- Strong/proven sound design experience, both linear & interactive audio for games, logos, transitions, attract videos and sonic branding
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of internal game development process, from design methodology to craftsmanship and production.
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of modern audio processes and techniques for console games
- Experience with audio Middleware (XACT, Wwise, FMOD and other implementation toolsets)
All candidates must deliver a full Resume with samples to be considered for this position.
- Experience with the Unreal 3 Engine
- Audio experience with non-game linear media (TV and Film industry)
- Coding experience or understanding (C, C++, Java, XML, XLS, etc)
- Musical knowledge/instrument proficiency
- Experience in field recording (microphone techniques, recording techniques, processing & editing)
Team reel review required.
JobServe USA - 11 months ago
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's softwa...