The Medical Assistant , under the direction of the Manager, works cooperatively with the care team. Provides quality appropriate patient care, utilizing customer service skills throughout the patient care continuum. Collects pertinent patient data and coordinates with provide and team for appropriate patient intervention. Works with front office to ensure smooth patient flow and waiting room management.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Assists staff with the performance and documentation of clinical tests and exams that may be outside of the physical exams.
- Responsible for collection and documentation of patient information to include vital signs, chief compliant, review of medications, allergies, health risk screen information, status of extended care benefits and other services.
- Assists with phone calls and messages. Documents all calls and actions taken.
- Able to direct patients to the team member that would resolve issues prior to and after the Lifestyle Center appointment.
- Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team to facilitate care.
- Assists with the coordination and completion of patient care plan as needed.
- Assists coworkers with duties when requested
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant program and/or 3+ years of Military trained Medical Assistant experience required.
- 1 years of experience working as a Medical Assistant highly preferred.
- CPR certification or willing to obtain upon hire.
- Office Laboratory Assistant (OLA) licensure or willing to obtain upon hire.
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience highly preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish speaking preferred.
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group is the most diversified health care company in the United States and a leader worldwide in helping people live healthier...