The Application Development Manager will beresponsible for managing the team that develops and supports theFoundations software solutions thatsupport the major Florida State stakeholders including the FSU Foundation,Alumni Association, Seminole Boosters and the John and Mable Ringling Museum ofArt in Sarasota, FL. This position requires leadership for the full projectlife cycle, including requirements gathering/documentation, applicationarchitecture, technical design, site layout/user interface, database design anddevelopment using C#.
- Define the technical and solution architecture for a phased software development delivery and ensure proper timelines are met during the delivery process
- Develop, test, implement and maintain Windows and Web applications that interact with the Universitys fundraising system through vendor (Blackbaud) APIs, the FSU Foundations website, portal and various external data sources.
- Create and maintain applications using ASP.NET Web Forms, ASP.NET MVC, and SharePoint.
- Facilitate requirements gathering and analysis activities and prepares detailed business requirement documents, technical specifications, user guides and other types of system documentation.
- Design and build out databases using SQL Server.
- Effectively utilize Team Foundation Server in proper source code management.
- Develop and maintain Quality Assurance testing and validation procedures; ensure software is thoroughly tested and documented prior to production release.
- Create, facilitate, and monitor results of acceptance testing procedures.
- Develop and maintain Source Management code and custom software version control procedures
- Responsible for the deployment of software, upgrades, enhancement and fixes in the production environment.
- Responsible for team code reviews to ensure accuracy, consistent use of programming standards, and efficiency.
- Develop and maintain documentation that defines architecture standards and practices.
- Excellent technical troubleshooting, code debugging, and problem-solving skills for custom-built software applications.
- Works with customers and technical staff to resolve problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Responsible for the supervision, training, work plans and evaluations of direct reports.
- Implements best practices related to maintaining computer security, integrity, performance and disaster recovery using industry best practices and proven architectural patterns.
- Assists the Director with other duties as assigned.
- Protects confidential information.
- Bachelors degree required
- Previous experience supervising and mentoring application developers required
- Minimum of 6 years as a computer programmer in a professional IT environment with 2 or more years in an advanced role.
- Expert understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) concepts.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of the .NET 4.0/4.5 Framework, including Visual Studio 2010/2012, C#, ASP.NET (Web Forms and MVC), WCF, ADO.NET, jQuery, XML, JSON, and CSS.
- Experience with establishing project usage procedures for source control, work item tracking, and build management with Team Foundation Server (or similar).
- Strong SQL scripting abilities and understanding of complex stored procedures, views, data aggregations/manipulations through table joins/queries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Familiarity with SDLC methodologies including requirements, design, implementation, testing and maintenance
- Prefer experience with the following:
- Entity Framework or other Object-Relational Modeling (ORM) tool
- Agile development
CareerBuilder - 30+ days ago
Florida State University is among the most efficient of the nation's highest ranked universities, according to a new list released Dec. 8 by...