Sensus is a leading utility infrastructure company offering smart meters, communication systems, software and services for the electric, gas, and water industries. Sensus technology helps utilities drive operational efficiency and customer engagement with applications that include advanced meter reading, data acquisition, demand response, distribution automation, home area networking and outdoor lighting control. Customers worldwide trust the innovation, quality and reliability of Sensus solutions for the intelligent use and conservation of energy and water. Learn more at www.sensus.com
Sensus seeks to hire a System Administrator responsible for support and maintenance of the Windows systems. Will manage 400+ servers and be responsible for Technical Support problems and chronic recurring issues and will devise solutions to prevent them. This position will be based in our Boise, Idaho office, focused on customer core network infrastructure components.
• Troubleshoots problems with operating systems, web and various application servers and overall aspects of a data center environment
• Deploy, manage, maintain, and support Windows systems and related technology.
• Maintains a broad knowledge of operating systems, programming languages and hardware
• Strong knowledge of troubleshooting production servers on both hardware and software level
• Assist with design and implementation of data center technology projects as needed
• Attend and actively participate in weekly meetings
• Coordinate with software team to schedule releases and test software updates
• 2 plus years experience in Systems Administration
• Knowledge of Windows Server 2003/2008
• Knowledge of Windows Active Directory
• General knowledge of backup systems
• Some experience with VMware helpful.
• Working knowledge of trouble ticketing systems and monitoring software.
• Ability and desire to learn new skills quickly in a fast paced, growing environment.
• Effectively communicate issues and resolutions to all levels of the organization
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent work experience
Notice to agencies:
Sensus USA Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies, search firms, or headhunters. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs or any employee of Sensus. Any unsolicited resume submitted will be considered property of Sensus, and we will not be obligated to pay any referral fee associated with such resume.
APPLY: click here or paste into your browser
We are the leading clean tech solutions company shaping smart grid, smart water and smart cities.
Our brand promise to our customers, to...