Linux System Administrator
Adobe believes in hiring the very best. We are known for our vibrant, dynamic and rewarding workplace where personal and professional fulfillment and company success go hand in hand. We take pride in creating exceptional work experiences, encouraging innovation and being involved with our employees, customers and communities. We invite you to discover what makes Adobe a place where exceptional people thrive.
Click this link to experience A Day in the Life at Adobe:
- Work in a demanding, fast-paced atmosphere
- Support the Adobe Digital Marketing Business Unit's SaaS environment of nearly twenty-thousand production Linux servers
- Support a 24x7 distributed enterprise environment
- Participate in an on-call rotation by carrying a pager and responding to escalations from other team members and alerts
- Identify and implement system-wide updates and fixes
- Evaluate and propose new or improved system architecture
- Tune and optimize existing server and application performance by identifying potential hardware and software enhancements
- Work closely with an existing team of skilled systems administrators and mentor junior members
Adobe has been a pioneer and innovator throughout its history and is recognized as one of the Top 100 Best Global Brands according to Interbrand. Adobe’s dynamic working environment is also well known – including 13 years on
FORTUNE Magazine’s "100 Best Companies to Work For"
, and other, similar accolades. Recognizing that employees are at the core of our success, Adobe recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creates an environment where they can innovate and achieve their best, and rewards them for their performance by giving them an opportunity to share in the company’s success.
- Computer Science related Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years Linux/UNIX administration experience
- Excellent command line Linux/UNIX skills
- Familiarity with LAMP stack
- Strong DNS management and automation background
- Strong scripting (bash, php, perl) skills
- Strong Linux problem solving skills
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting
- Clear communication and documentation of projects and procedures
- Adherence to high consistency and standardization paradigms
- Familiarity with Solaris, Linux Kernel, Puppet and SaaS environments are a plus
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.
About Adobe United States
Adobe has nearly 5,500 employees in the U.S. and is headquartered in San Jose, California, with other office locations nationwide.
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more than two decades, Adobe has been at the heart of making engaging...