Giesecke & Devrient (G&D) is a leading supplier of banknote paper, banknote printing, currency automation systems, as well as smart cards and complex system solutions in the fields of telecommunications, electronic payment, health care, identification, transportation, and IT security.
G&D is seeking Computer Engineering (CMPE), Computer Science (CS), and Electrical Engineering (EE) students for a paid full-time Internship position to join our team in the Atlanta office. Since 1852, G&D has been providing innovative solutions for a secure future. With over 10,000 employees in 32 countries and servicing over 80 countries, Giesecke & Devrient is a global market leader and pioneer in banknote production and processing as well as providing people all over the world with mobile security solutions to make payments and telephone calls while our ID systems ensure reliable identification around the globe.
This position assists with the development, on-time delivery, and acceptance of G&D products sold as well as the installation and troubleshooting of service applications for our North American customers. The role is focused on technically complex projects where technical skills will be utilized. Primary territory will be the North American market and candidate may be utilized as a resource in other countries.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design requirements documents and specifications for software applications.
• Design, code, and validate mobile and/or desktop applications.
• Develop test scripts and procedures for the Smart Card qualifications and production efforts.
• Analyze and document current software development processes. Provide recommendations to improve overall quality and efficiency of mobile application development.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering (CMPE), Computer Science (CS), or Electrical Engineering (EE) with at least 2 years completed towards graduation.
• Working knowledge of software design and development programs such as Unix/Solaris, Linux, Sun Enterprise and Intel- based Hardware, and Networking (TCP/IP, Routers, Firewalls).
• Ability to write reports and be proficient in technical dealings with customers on the telephone and in meetings.
• Proficient in MS applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent command of written and verbal English and ability to work across cultures.
• Knowledge of Smart Card Solutions, SIM cards/SMS-C protocols, GSM telecoms technology, and OTA platforms is desirable.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, have the experience and skills listed above, and have a passion for this type of work, please visit our website at http://www.gi-de.com/us . Join us in shaping the future.
Equal Opportunity Employer