FISH Technologist- position includes; working with and developing new probes, set-up , scoring FISH slides, performing validations, some cell culture, ordering and all other requirements necessary to complete the job as it pertains to cytogenetics.
1. Perform specialized Cytogenetics/FISH procedures that lead to the formation of an accurate diagnostic report.
2. Conducting fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) techniques & using image analysis.
3. Performing Cytogenetic Lab procedures, tissue culture & microscopic analysis
4. Slide set-up/Processing
5. Scoring of Metaphase and interphase FISH
6. Researching new assays for further development
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: This individual must have a B.S. in Medical Cytogenetics Technology, Medical Technology, Biology or an appropriately related scientific discipline. NCA certification as a clinical laboratory specialist in cytogenetics (CLSp(CG) strongly preferred. At least 2yrs experience in a Cytogenetics Lab, Experience conducting fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) techniques and using image analysis is preferred but not required. Proficiency in Cytogenetic Lab procedures, tissue culture & microscopic analysis.
Caris Life Sciences - 15 months ago
Since 1996, Caris Life Sciences has been a leader in diagnostic, prognostic and theranostic medicine. Our mission is to transform healthcare...