Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - General
Job Title :
Air Quality Specialist
Type of Position:
• Bachelor's degree in environmental, civil, chemical or related engineering field or in environmental sciences, biology, geology or related science field.
• Minimum four years of relevant experience and must have knowledge in emission inventories and air permitting and compliance, and greenhouse gas inventories and project management.
• Knowledge of North Dakota air requirements and air permitting including PSD major source permitting, air dispersion modeling, annual compliance certifications/reports, knowledge of the air pollution control methodologies in the O&G industry, experience assisting clients with National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP/MACT) compliance strategies, air emission calculation methodologies, specifically those new and emerging requirements affecting the Oil and Gas and allied industries.
• Experience in Federal Minor New Source Review Program on Tribal Lands preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Must be proficient at using standard software packages including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
URS is seeking a scientist or engineer to participate in our growing Central Midwest Regional Air Quality group and lead our Bismarck air practice. This is a "hands-on" position, performing solid technical analysis, database, auditing, task management and writing. The candidate will conduct data gathering, data analysis, calculations, inventories, technical report writing, and be familiar with emerging air quality regulations. This position provides value-added service to our clients.
The successful candidate will participate in multi-disciplinary project teams. Candidate will interface with clients, contractors, and URS managers. Candidate will be expected to hire additional staff to support the growth of this practice and provide mentoring and professional development to new hires. The URS air quality practice provides a fast-paced, dynamic work environment with unlimited opportunity for professional growth.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
The Infrastructure and Environmental Division of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Air Quality Specialists for immediate employment in the Bismarck, North Dakota office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in air quality, specific to oil and gas, industrial, manufacturing, and agricultural markets. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects.
• Business development
• Client interaction
• Participation in field work and/or laboratory analyses
• Preparing technical reports
• Preparing proposals
• Conducting field research
• Provide client and agency consultation
URS is one of the world's leading engineering services firms. Our professional staff of planners, engineers, architects, scientists, program and construction managers, and operations and maintenance specialists’ work together to develop innovative and cost-effective solutions to the challenges facing industry and government.
At URS, we take pride in helping to build and maintain vital infrastructure, and preserve and protect the environment. Our ability to provide a complete range of services in a wide array of markets, develop innovative technical solutions to the most complex projects, and serve our clients through our worldwide delivery system has made URS a global leader.
URS seeks individuals who are motivated to learn, grow and seek out new project responsibilities.
As one of the world's largest engineering design firms, URS offers abundant opportunities to work on world-class projects and gain valuable professional experience. Through our global network of offices, we offer an unparalleled variety of career paths to choose from.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume online at www.urscorp.com and refer to Requisition # IE76562
URS Corporation - 19 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...