Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Selection of cheese, chocolate, wine vendors, and development of wine, cheese and chocolate menus.
- Inventory technique and budget adherence, cost control, menu pricing.
Profit and loss analysis and a general understanding of financial responsibility.
- Setting up for evening's service with staff.
- Review the hotel's VIP guests staying at the hotel and identify VIP and special occasion guests. Assistant Sommelier must have the ability to acquaint his/her self with repeat Eno and hotel guests/local VIP's, this information must be communicated to the team member/hostess responsible for the greeting of VIP's at Eno.
- The Assistant Sommelier must also greet and escort guests into the wine tasting room in a gracious and professional manner. Knowledge of wine, cheese and chocolate are imperative for this position. Assistant Sommelier will be greeting guests and will be discussing menus with guest.
- During the course of an evening, the Assistant Sommelier will be required to address all guest's problems and needs, therefore, requiring excellent interpersonal communication skills, as well as strength in problem solving.
- Assistant Sommelier will also require assistance in Hotel and Concierge development. This will include taking part in establishing ongoing relationships with local managers in the Hospitality Industry. It is preferred that the Assistant Sommelier currently possess knowledge of and have professional relationships with key individuals in the local Hotel, restaurant and Special Events Planning sector.
- Assistant Sommelier will accompany the Wine Director on scheduled visits with these professionals to promote Eno's continuing growth.
- Assists with training of all new Eno service personnel. Hire, terminate, and discipline staff, evaluate all employee job performance, schedule staff, and document all aspects of their employment.
- Assists with pre-shift meetings with Eno personnel to covey and receive information, offer re-energized thinking on service standards, communicate menu standards and upgrades, offer methods to ensure guest satisfaction.
KSL Resorts - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard