Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE: APD), a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, is seeking an experienced Maintenance and Service Technician for the Southeast Milwaukee area.
This position will report to the Area Maintenance Manager for that geography.
This job is based out of the home/residence.
The successful candidate will be responsible to provide necessary technical and hands-on support to maintain and troubleshoot Air Products supply systems located at our customer sites.
The candidate must be self-motivated, safety conscious, a good communicator, and possess good electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills. The position requires after hour’s availability 7 days/week to respond to various types of service situations. Regional travel in a company vehicle is required and occasional travel outside of the normal work area. A good driving record is required.
• High School diploma followed by technical school or apprenticeship training, or military experience relating to electrical/mechanical maintenance.
• 3 years previous electrical maintenance and mechanical experience in a plant maintenance environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills for interfacing customers to include report development and other required administrative functions.
• Capability, flexibility and willingness to adjust to new technologies and apply prior knowledge.
• Demonstrate and practice safe handling of hand tools and hand power tools typically and commonly used in installation and maintenance tasks.
• Demonstrate the ability to read engineering drawings, flow sheets, equipment layout, piping drawings, and electrical controls schematics.
• Ability to troubleshoot and repair a variety of equipment using the appropriate tools and test equipment.
• Background in maintaining electronic controls, pneumatic systems, pumps, pressure vessels, reciprocating and centrifugal compressors is preferred.
• PLC and instrumentation maintenance and troubleshooting are a plus.
Air Products (NYSE: APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For over 70 years, the company has enabled customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable. More than 20,000 employees in over 50 countries supply innovative solutions to the energy, environment and emerging markets. These include semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, coal gasification, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. In fiscal 2012, Air Products had sales approaching $10 billion. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center at www.airproducts.com/careers. Click on the link – Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #11034BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) where diversity matters.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a leading industrial gases company. For nearly 75 years, the company has provided atmospheric, process and...