**Attoney candidates will not practice law in court - only review, summarize and coordinate documents for SEC Attorneys. Please see duties/requirements below**
- Experience working in a litigation Support or Government environment, strongly preferred.
- Law Clerk and/or Attorney fluent in Spanish or proficient with the ability to conduct business in Spanish on a professional level.
- Proven excellent legal writing and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Law Degree or currently attending an ABA-accredited law school having completed at least one year of study.
- Ability to utilize law library resources.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, ertc...) and WordPerfect Office Suite.
- Must be able to deliver high quality work under extreme pressure.
- Thorough knowledge of legal research tools (such as Lexis and/or Westlaw).
- Automated litigation support experience (i.e. Concordance).
- Lifting/carrying of small items.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen. Desired skills *Current or active clearance. Specific Job Description This position is in support of the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission located at their Regional Office in Washington, DC at 100 F Street, NE.
The Employee will be responsible for a variety legal and administrative duties to include the following, but not limited to:
- Spanish/English Speaking Individual required to read/review Spanish documents to determine nature of document and if necessary translate the document to English.
- Will need to be able to work independently and efficiently
- Will need to have excellent communication skills and be able to interact effectively with other support staff as well as managers, attorneys, accountants and other staff members in the Washington Regional Office and/or Fort Worth Regional Office.
- Perform word processing tasks
- Prepare and process manual and automated forms
- Update databases and spreadsheets
- Photocopy and compile documents
- Organize and maintain files
- Performs other routine duties as assigned Standard Job Description Paralegal/Legal Assistant III Security Clearance Public Trust Typical Minimums NA LMCareers Business Unit ESS0997 IS&GS-CIVIL (S8200) Business Area Info Systems & Global Sol Program Mega 3 (SEC) Department 7254024:BPS - SCA Labor Pool Job Class Legal Job Category Hourly/Non-Exempt City Washington State District of Columbia Virtual No Relocation Available No Work Schedule STANDARD-Mon-Fri/8 hours a day Req Type Blue Sky Direct/Indirect Direct Shift First
Unwavering sense of purpose.
Our employees are the core of our business here at...