To instruct, supervise and assist residents with activities of daily living through daily routines and to carry out scheduled activities and programs. Supervise staff and programs in absence of the Assistant Program Manager. Perform tasks under supervision of Assistant Program Manager and in accordance with established Crotched Mountain policies/procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS: (According to State of NH Health & Human Services Licensing and Regulations
1. Be at least 18 years of age and;
2. Have a high school diploma or its equivalent and shall have at least one of the following:
a. A bachelor degree in the field of Residential Care, human services, education, counseling work, psychology or recreation
b. A bachelor degree in any field, including 24 credits in the fields specified in 2a
c. An associate degree in one of the fields specified in 2a
d. 1000 hours of experience working with children or adults with disabilities either as a paid employee or volunteer, plus 60 college credits, including a minimum of 12 credits in the fields specified in 2a
e. 2000 hours of experience working with children or adults with disabilities plus 24 credits in the fields specified in 2a
f. 4000 hours of experience working with children or adults with disabilities , plus 12 credits in the fields specified in 2a or documentation of enrollment in a program to obtain the
required 12 credits, such as registration forms or a letter of acceptance issued by the selected school.
Exceptions to 2a through f shall be as follows:
a) An individual who is 30 years of age or older and has 7 years of parenting experience; and:
b) A child care worker or direct support staff for adults with disabilities in an independent living home; if they can document 7 years of supervised experience working with adolescents or adults with disabilities in the areas of adult living preparation, career counseling, residential care, or adolescent behavior management.
· Complete/monitor medication sign out sheets, daily student logs, adherence to behavior program including data keeping.
· Complete food requisitions according to established menus, ensuring balanced meals, oversee all special diets under supervision of the Assistant Program Manager.
· Under direction of the Assistant Program Manager, complete activity schedules including trip planning, arts and crafts activities, cooking and recreational activities both on and off campus.
· In absence of Assistant Program Manager, assist and oversee general cleanliness of bathrooms, bedrooms and all common areas.
· Ensure residents are dressed appropriately and in a manner which respects the residents’ rights and dignity.
· In absence of the Assistant Program Manager communicate medical problems to nursing staff.
· Complete required paperwork to ensure maintenance of physical plant.
· Assist with ordering/administering over the counter medications.
· Attend program meetings/behavior meetings and any other meetings upon request of the Assistant Program Manager.
· Is required to know and read through current Individual Educational Plans /Service Agreements for each resident .
· Supervise and train assigned staff ensuring that residents’ individual goals and objectives are followed in accordance with their Individual Education Plans /Service Agreements .
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center - 23 months ago
If you have a passion for assisting people with disabilities, join Crotched Mountain’s team of dedicated employees. You’ll be...