SoundCloud is the world’s leading social sound platform, scaling alongside a rapidly growing global userbase.
We’re looking for a Systems Administrator professional to work within our Systems Engineering team to provide first-line technical support and administration to the ever-growing number of machines running soundcloud.com.
You have worked as a systems administrator in a high-growth Internet business supporting and scaling a large environment. You are excited to learn and grow in the Soundcloud environment to develop your skills.
With hacker time and tailored professional development, you’ll grow alongside industry leaders while helping to shape the future of audio on the web.
Your key responsibilities:
Required skills and experience:
- Provide first-line support to manage the infrastructure that runs soundcloud.com to help provide very high uptime and performance in a 24x7 environment.
- Manage and lead systems deployment and upgrade efforts of varying size and complexity.
- Manage hardware support efforts including support ticket maintenance and onsite work.
- Provide extensive failure and recovery analysis to create tools and documentation.
- Provide ongoing system and security updates across our infrastructure.
- 2+ years professional Linux system administration, in large data center environments serving a high traffic destination site.
- Experience managing alerting and monitoring systems such as Nagios, Graphite and Ganglia
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Chef or Puppet.
- Great shell programming skills.
- Experience with network engineering and strong knowledge of IPv4 and IPv6 Networks.
- Proven excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience working with remote hands services and hardware support services
If this sounds like you, and you’re excited to work in a fast-paced start-up environment, please send your resume and cover letter in PDF or link.
- Experience with Dell and SGI server hardware.
- Experience managing database/datastore clusters, such as Mysql, Cassandra, Hadoop.
- Experience using Git.
- Experience with Debian Linux.
- Experience with Ruby and preferably at least one more language.
SoundCloud - 20 months ago