Western Technical College is a preferred employer in the 7 Rivers Region. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping others learn and are dedicated to serving students. If you are a motivated individual who can contribute to excellence in teaching and learning, please consider this employment opportunity at Western.
Summary of Position:
The Associate Dean assists the Dean in advancing the academic vision and leadership required to achieve high standards of excellence in instruction and services with measurable outcomes for faculty, staff and students for their division. The Associate Dean promotes a collaborative, communicative working environment with other departments in an effort to promote our Mission and Vision and to provide a positive learning environment. The Associate Dean also networks and builds relationships with external stakeholders.
This position will primarily oversee Health and/or Education programs.
1. Maintain and uphold the College values of Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Student Success, Teamwork, Integrity, and Respect.
2. Assist in the annual division planning and academic master planning processes
3. Serve on internal and external committees and boards as appropriate
4. Monitor curricula and student outcomes
5. Recruit and hire full-time and part-time faculty and staff
6. Assist in establishing collaborative partnerships with other programs within the division/college and community stakeholders to ensure continuous quality improvement of all curricula and delivery
7. Develop and manage operational and capital budget
8. Supervise and evaluate full-time and part-time program faculty and staff
9. Negotiate resolution of student, faculty, and staff issues
10. Assist with the development of public relations and marketing activities to promote programs and to recruit students
11. Participate and work collaboratively as a member of the division management team
12. Promote employee success by encouraging professional activities for faculty and staff
13. Complete all required College training
14. Perform other duties as assigned
Masters degree in related field
Minimum of four years' experience (health care sector preferred) in addition to WTCS Certification requirements:
One year non-teaching occupational experience if degree is in a general education field, or two years directly related occupational experience if degree is outside general education.
Minimum of two years teaching experience required
Special Instructions/About Western:
Applicant review will begin February 8, 2013
These positions report to: Dean Health & Public Safety
Western is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association. Our mission is to provide relevant, high quality education in a collaborative and sustainable environment that changes the lives of students and grows our communities.
For complete details and to apply online, go to http://www.westerntc.edu/employment/
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Employer And Educator
HealthFacultyJobs.com - 2 years ago