The SCBU Early Production Center (EPC) is a manufacturing plant in Waterbury, VT with the dual mission of production and learning . This facility provides initial production (early commercialization) for new products and technologies, as well as on-going production of select legacy products. A key deliverable for this site is to develop processes and standard work to be transferred to other SCBU sites for larger-scale production. The scope of this deliverable includes operations, maintenance, process, equipment, quality & safety. The EPC Engineering manager will lead a team of engineers and Maintenance technicians to support process development and 24x7 production - for ingredient processing as well as packaging operations. This position will partner closely with Multi-site engineering to start-up, debug and improve first-generation equipment and processes before propagation to other SCBU production facilities. Qualified candidates must possess strong leadership and communication skills and must additionally have excellent understanding and teaching skills in the discipline of structured problem solving.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : Supervise direct and indirect reports across the functions of local Engineering and Maintenance Staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for strategic planning, departmental budget planning and establishing goals and targets to support overall facility and company targets and goals.
- Partner with EPC Operations Manager in daily floor presence and leadership, maintaining integrated awareness of operations status, needs and business priorities
- Lead team to establish meaningful metrics and to develop process & equipment characterization methods and tools
- Run weekly engineering meetings to review equipment & process performance analyses and manage Engineering & Maintenace work priorities
- Develop processes to document procedures and learning for new products/technologies, and transfer to other production sites
- Develop robust Maintenance system, adapting to new equipment and process generations ·
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for establishment, maintenance, and continuity of the manufacturing process.
- Effectively lead, manage and develop team in order to provide professional and quality engineering, maintenance, and facility services.
- Support and mentor all continuous process improvement activities within the plant.
- Participate in establishment and sharing of best practices with other sites.
- Develop strong and effective cross-functional relations within the plant and across multi-site facilities.
- Develop and report manufacturing and distribution capacities.
- Provide leadership coaching and development of reporting staff to ensure capability to deliver current and future business objectives.
- Foster an environment in which responsibilities and results are achieved with the highest level of commitment to quality.
- Establish and maintain adequate departmental staffing and manage consultant services, as required.
- Effectively manage local Engineering Expense budget and participate in company-wide Capital budget.
- Responsible for coordination, evaluation, and continuous improvement of the department/team and creating a positive climate where people want to do their best.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's Principles, policies and applicable laws.
- Accountable for communication, interviewing and hiring, training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, leveraging team and individual strengths, managing performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and solving problems to ensure high performance results.
- Effective presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills with experience in customer/supplier relationships.
- Ability to work and manage within a team environment.
- Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by GMCR, the department and regulatory agencies
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Budgeting and management skills
- BS degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7 years Engineering Management experience in manufacturing environment necessary, preferably in the food industry.
- Ability to work hours outside of routine schedule as necessary and travel occasionally.
- Ability to effectively perform in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Previous experience with Lean, Six-Sigma or other continuous process improvement methodologies.
- Ability to interact effectively and lead peer groups.
- Demonstrated project managements skills
- Experience in budget development and ROI analysis.
- Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instructions
- Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to uphold Safety standards, participate in Continuous Process Improvement on the job, and follow our Manufacturing best practices
GMCR reserves the right to determine the suitability of an applicant for a position based on an evaluation of all available information, including but not limited to past work performance, applications, resumes and references. GMCR is an E-Verify employer and EOE.
- Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures as well as our Operating principles.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
- 2 years ago - save job