Baker Tilly Virchow Krause’s values of integrity, passion and stewardship define us as an organization and an employer. We recognize that our approach, strategy and culture are driven by our people. Their focus and commitment has resulted in Baker Tilly Virchow Krause being ranked as one of the top 20 largest public accounting and advisory firms in the United States and our offices consistently earning “best place to work” honors. Our people have been fundamental in getting us to where we are today and where we will go in the future.
Due to the continued growth of Public Sector team, we are currently interviewing for a full-time Senior Accountant in our Oak Brook, IL office location. Candidates should have a minimum of 2 years governmental/non profit audit experience. You will work with a select group of individuals who provide auditing and consulting services to more than 200 municipalities, 300 municipal utilities, 18 counties, 75 school districts and nearly 20 housing authorities nationwide. We help clients with a full range of services from financial forecasting to resource optimization and revenue enhancement to economic development including tax credits and grant programs.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
With a staff of more than 1600, Baker Tilly provides a wide range of accounting, tax, assurance and consulting services to premier companies and leading institutions in industries that drive our economy. As an independent member of Baker Tilly International, the world’s 8th largest network of accounting firms (with combined worldwide revenues of $3 billion), we bring our clients and our people access to market-specific knowledge in more than 125 countries.
Yo ur responsibilities will be to:
- Lead and plan audit engagement.
- Provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations.
- Lead the engagement team in delivering products.
- Direct all phases of planning and administration for engagements.
- Monitor and adhere to engagement time budget.
- Maintain active communication to manage expectations and ensure client satisfaction.
- Respect the confidential and independent nature of the client relationships.
- Address and resolve client issues.
- Manage and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching.
- Impart knowledge, facilitate staff development and provide training and learning experiences.
- Effectively delegate and oversee the work efforts by setting goals, providing resources and removing obstacles.
- Evaluate performance and work efforts; provide input to team leader and participate in performance appraisals process; if necessary, assist in managing and improving under-performance.
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
Successful candidates must have:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- CPA eligible. Minimum of two(2) years of progressive experience in state and local government public audit experience.
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required.
- Ability to lead and supervise others, provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding applicable strategies, see the "big picture" as well as the details, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment, and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects.
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause’s values of integrity, passion and stewardship define us as an organization and an employer. We recognize...