Work Location: US Coast Guard HQ, SW Washington, DC
*An “active” Secret Clearance is required.
CWPS Inc is currently searching for a Server Operations Team Engineer to fill a long-term contract position and work in a team environment supporting the IT Department of the U.S. Coast Guard.
Business-casual attire. U.S. Coast Guard headquarters is conveniently located and is within walking distance of the Washington Nationals stadium. A U.S. COAST GUARD shuttle provides convenient transportation between the L'Enfant metro station and U.S. COAST GUARD headquarters. Metered and monthly parking is also available on site.
NETWORK ENVIRONMENT: U.S. COAST GUARD:
Appliances currently at USCG are:
- Dell Blade Servers
- Dell Servers
The Server Team uses Snap mirror to sync the two appliances. NetApp appliances are currently being used for file backups to offload to tape. All File and NAS Server devices are currently being backed up to the NetApp appliances through software called SyncSort with a retention period of 30 days. Monthly backup to tapes are conducted through a server with a tape backup unit.
Manage and maintain support of ALL USCG servers, ensuring all newly built servers meet TISCOM standards. The Sr. Server Eng will be responsible for NetApp appliances with the support of CommVault to backup the devices. Will provide daily reports on backup statuses and disk space from CommVault and the NetApp appliances. Maintain support of the RDS terminal server farm, making sure all updates are patched through, and the RDS farm kept clean of user profiles. Will address Microsoft questions the helpdesk requires assistance on. Must have a strong understanding of Group Policy, how it works, and how to perform configurations. Must have working knowledge of User and Folder Permissions. Have an in-depth understanding of SQL databases and SharePoint and the ability to configure and setup VMware Servers
On a daily basis, the incumbent is responsible for:
- Maintaining all USCG servers.
- Addressing/Resolving user reported server related issues via Remedy Tickets
- Manage NetApp appliances with CommVault for backups.
- Work closely with the C4IT SOT (Server Operations Team) Lead, team members, and other groups within C4IT.
PROFESSIONAL LEVEL: 3+ years
- Active secret clearance
- Must have a strong understanding of Group Policy, how it works, and how to perform configurations.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of User and Folder Permissions
- Contain working knowledge of SQL databases and SharePoint.
- Be able to configure and setup VMware Servers
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong self-initiative, ownership of tasks, and follow-through attitude
- Customer-focused team-player with good people and interpersonal skills
DESIRED EXPERIENCE / CERTIFICATIONS:
- VMware Certified
- NetApp Certified
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation, all Federal holidays, paid sick leave
- Full medical, dental, vision insurance options
- Flexible spending accounts
- 401(K), plus matching and medical savings account available
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
ABOUT CWPS INC: Headquartered in Chantilly, VA, CWPS is one of the DC region's leading technology partners supporting full-service voice and data networks, storage and virtualization, IT upgrades and integration, and business communications. We support businesses and the Federal government as a trusted partner with a full range of products, turnkey solutions, and professional services.
**IF QUALIFIED AND INTERESTED PLEASE FORWARD YOUR RESUME AND SALARY REQUIRMENT.