Clinical Pharmacist – Investigational Drug Services
The Investigational Drug Services Pharmacy at IU Health participates in the administration of over 300 clinical trials. This team, comprised of 3 pharmacists and 4 technicians, facilitates the medication management system utilized in the receipt, transfer, dispensing and accountability for study medications. Opportunities include participation on the Institutional Review Board (IRB), study budget creation and business management, medication safety and quality improvement initiatives and service line development/enhancement. Applicants should have great customer service, interpersonal and team building skills. Hospital pharmacy experience is preferred.
The position exists to provide comprehensive, cost-effective medication- related care for the purpose of achieving definite outcomes that improve a patient's quality of life. The incumbent acts in collaboration with physicians and other health care professionals responsible for patient drug therapy outcomes.
- Requires current Indiana license or eligibility for Indiana licensure as a Pharmacist.
- Board Certification in Pharmacotherapy (BCPS) or another BPS specialty is preferred but not required.
- Requires a Doctor of Pharmacy degree (PharmD) or clinically oriented Masters (MS) degree.
- Requires successful completion of an ASHP accredited PGY1 pharmacy residency (Pharmacy Practice Residency) or the demonstration of equivalent experience (5-7 years of clinically oriented experience).
- Requires knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to dispensing of drugs and narcotics.
- Requires knowledge of pharmacy and hospital computer systems and computer- assisted devices.
- Requires superior problem-solving skills.
- Requires demonstration of good, independent judgment and decision making skills.
- Requires demonstration of superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires ability to prioritize and possess good time management skills.
- Requires ability to be involved in and coordinate multiple tasks/projects.
- Requires the ability to take initiative and lead target drug programs.
- Requires ability to work with others.
- Requires close attention to detail.
Ball Memorial Hospital - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard