MySQL Database Administrator - 20495
This details all the information about the job posting. To submit your resume, click on the 'Submit your Resume to this Job' button.
Job Title MySQL Database Administrator
Category Database Administration
Location US-TX-Austin Austin, TX 78753, US
Education High School
Job Type Full-time
Travel Required 0
We are seeking a MySQL Database Administrator who will be responsible for planning computerized databases, including base definition, structure, documentation, long-range requirements, operational guidelines and protection. Develop database tools and product offerings. Formulates and monitors policies, procedures and standards relating to database management. Proposes and implements enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system. Technical responsibilities include problem identification, database architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, and implementation. Evaluate the analysis of the short-term or long-term capacity needs for database systems. Troubleshooting database issues, deal with exciting technically challenging MySQL database issues.
- Manages customer and internal team projects.
- Builds tools for customers and teams by creating scripts or using software to automate work.
- Sets up and troubleshoots failover (FO) and high availability (HA) setups.
- Database schematic designs.
- Works with the product organization to roll out new products.
- Ability to interpret and write complex SQL series.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
Rackspace, a world leader in hosting delivers enterprise-level managed hosting, cloud hosting, and e-mail hosting services to businesses of all types and sizes globally. Today we serve thousands of customers from data centers around the world. Rackspace integrates the industry's best technologies and practices for each customer's specific needs delivering it as a service via the company's commitment to Fanatical Support®. We serve as an extension of our customers' IT departments enabling them to focus on their core business. Rackspace was founded in 1998 and since then has had significant growth year after year. There are now over 4,000 Rackers employed worldwide dedicated to providing customers our premier hosting services.
- Understands complex database and server technologies.
- Advanced Knowledge in complex troubleshooting techniques at the server and database level.
- Advanced Knowledge in setting up failover (FO) and high availability (HA) setups.
- Knowledgeable in re-writing queries.
- Expert level knowledge of MySQL.
- Able to read and understand SQL syntax.
- A minimum high school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor,s degree in related field preferred.
- At least four years of related database experience.
- Able to re-write queries.
- Good programming skills preferred.
- Continued interested in developing and expanding technical knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Advanced verbal and written communications.
- Able to present to customers.
- Should have a strong desire to grow within the database field. Experience with production DBA, managing multiple databases, and Windows.
- Familiarity with database centric hardware deployment and data communications networks.
- Knowledge of current relational database strategies including DB Normalization, Performance Tuning, Transactions, Replication, and Foreign Keys.
Rackspace Hosting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Type of Job(-US Only) 0
Rackspace Hosting is fanatically focused on hosting services, but also has its head in the clouds. The company provides a range of Web...