CENTRAL FINANCIAL AID OFFICE REPRESENTATIVE
The Central Financial Aid Office Representative works under the direction of the Director of Corporate Financial Aid and the Executive VP of Financial Aid Services. The Central Financial Aid Office Representative will concentrate in one of the following positions and will cross-train in the others to provide back-up to other positions in the office:
1) Online Financial Aid Processor
2) Financial Aid Processor
3) Quality Control Specialist
The Central Financial Aid Office Representative is responsible for guiding prospective students through the financial aid process, creating and maintaining detailed and accurate records, working closely with campus personnel to ensure quality customer service in the process of admitting students, and performing related work as required. Some Central Financial Aid Office Representatives may be called upon to travel to assist in training campus personnel and monitoring procedures performed at the campus.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Student Financial Aid Processing
* Explain financial aid sources in detail to ensure each student’s full understanding of his/her overall rights and responsibilities (Title IV grants and loans, Ross Education Payment Plan, etc.)
* Assist students with the accurate completion of all financial aid application forms. Assist students in creating a financial aid package which takes into account the tuition amount owed.
* Demonstrate a positive customer service approach.
* Develop good working relationships with campus personnel.
Record Keeping and Data Maintenance
* Maintain a complete and accurate financial aid file of all students receiving financial aid. Conduct file reviews and electronically maintain the FA file. Follow up with campus personnel in the collection of all required documents. Review, print and review National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) financial aid history information.
* Process all financial aid forms and/or applications including: student loan applications, FAFSA applications (via FAME software), Genesis, deferment forms, etc.
* Record and track all financial aid processing, receipt of ISIRs, Pell Grant disbursements, loan checks, award letters, entrance/exit interviews, etc.
* Verify the receipt of all Title IV funds. Obtain signatures as needed.
* Complete all FAME processes such as setting computer in Communication Mode, printing ISIRs, completing eligibility/verification, printing award letters, tagging disbursements, manifesting Direct Loans, transmitting ISIR corrections, completing verification process, etc.
* Follow Ross Guidelines and employee handbook
* Adhere to all Ross Policies and Procedures
* Participate in audits as needed
* Perform general Financial Aid duties as required, such as completion of the Permanent Applicant Log, prompt processing of Notice of Termination forms, filing, and scanning documents into CampusVue.
* Provide back-up to on-ground campuses for estimates and overviews when needed.
* Review memos from G.O. and FAME news releases and follow-up as needed.
* Attend periodic Financial Aid meetings and/or training sessions as requested.
* Other responsibilities as requested.
One of these:
* High school or GED completion and 5+ years work experience in basic accounting, banking, office administration or related work.
* Associates Degree and 2+ years work experience in basic accounting, banking, office administration or related work.
* Bachelor’s Degree and 1+ years work experience in basic accounting, banking office administration or related work.
All of these:
* Six months or more of general office experience
* Strong math and financial recordkeeping skills
* Good organizational skills
* Computer skills including MS Office, Internet and e-mail
* Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in written form
* Comfortable discussing financial matters with students
* Demonstrates professionalism in manner, dress and conduct as a representative of Ross
* Ability to achieve goals – we work to make our students successful and we measure that in our individual and team accomplishments
* Desire to see others succeed
* Ability to work at least 2 evenings per week
* Reference and background check required for employment, including credit check.
**Prior Financial Aid experience preferred for the Quality Control Specialist
Ross Education, LLC - 19 months ago
At Ross Education, we provide high quality allied healthcare training programs that allow graduates to begin rewarding careers in the...