The world’s leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Director of Security with a strong background in hospital security . The Director of Security is responsible for administering the security contract and ensuring compliance with regulatory and contractual requirements. In thise role, you will act as the G4S Secure Solutions (USA) Inc. liaison with the client, customers, and employees. You will also be responsible for providing management oversight and driving operational accountability through effective change management and leadership development processes.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
- Project management: provide direct supervision to Training & Quality Assurance Manager, Administrative Support, Senior Systems Administrator, Site Supervisor; customer relations; develop Physical Security Surveys and Post Orders; oversee disciplinary process; oversee the staffing and scheduling for security officers (e.g., review payroll and billing for accuracy); oversee that contract-required training and screening elements for security officers have been met, quality assurance and contract compliance; manage excessive overtime; typing correspondence, developing spreadsheets and memorandums; filing and records maintenance; inventory and purchase all G4S equipment
- Customer service; serve as the management liaison between our internal and external customers
- Report writing; prepare required reports for client and G4S management
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Current possession of, or the ability to obtain, a Florida Class D Security Officer License
- Must be able to obtain a Florida MB (Security Agency Manager) License within 120 days of employment
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years experience managing a security workforce some of which in a hospital environment of care
- Must possess work experience showing aptitude for assisting in the operational management of a large semi-independent business enterprise
- Must possess work history with a demonstrated knowledge of (TJC) The Joint Commission Environment of Care Standards
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- Law Enforcement experience (career preferred)
- Service in the Elite Military forces, Military Police or combat arms
- Graduate of Police/Corrections Academy
- Criminal Justice Degree, Associates or higher
- Career Military
- Ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no work in extreme temperatures is expected
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the State
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
- Upon acceptance of a job offer, must be able to pass the following:
- MMPI - Psychological testing, if armed or otherwise required
- Physical exam, if armed or required by client contract
Major activity: Walking through hospital managing security officers, working on PC while sitting; telephone use
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, light lifting up to 30 pounds, and limited stretching and reaching.
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S - 17 months ago
G4S Secure Solutions (G4S) counters the perils of modern life by providing a full slate of security services to corporate, industrial, and...