The Manager - Communications II develops and implements communications strategies to support Electronic Systems business objectives and leadership initiatives, including: media relations, external communications, public event support, editorial quality, and digital media engagement including website and social media properties. Provides technical expertise to the business and site leadership on issues related to external communications that reach key audiences including current and potential customers, news media, elected officials and thought leaders. Builds awareness of the Sectors products and programs. Strengthens the company's corporate image with key publics as a good business and community partner, a desirable employer, and a responsible corporate neighbor. Executes communications strategy in allocating communications resources. Works in collaboration with partners including internal communications, marketing, Inc. and PLC Communications.
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) Required Experience:
15+ years related experience with a Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree and 13+ year(s) related experience Required Skills:
1. Develop and implement communications efforts designed to increase awareness among external audiences of the sectors products and leaders and further business objectives
2. Partner with leadership at all levels to execute short and long term communication strategies and activities
3. Champion communication strategies to reach key external stakeholders, including: national and international media, customers, shareholders, local communities, local and state government
4. Author powerful and compelling communications materials including news releases, fact sheets, media pitches and digital placements
5. Act as the company spokesperson on external matters delivering key program and sector messages while supporting company reputation
6. Support any crisis that should arise with appropriate external communications, aligned with internal communications, Inc., PLC and other appropriate partners
7. Work with the business development office to plan and execute trade shows and other events which effectively promote the BAE Systems brand, showcase sector products and capabilities, and provide a setting for engaging with key external stakeholders
8. Develop and execute an effective, powerful, digital media strategy in close collaboration with sector leaders and Inc. which leverages social media and websites to educate potential employees, customer, and other external stakeholders about the sectors products, capabilities, and culture.
BAE Systems - 17 months ago
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...