Digital River , founded in 1994, is a global leader in cloud commerce outsourcing that builds and manages online businesses for more than 40,000 software publishers, manufacturers, distributors, and online retailers. Its multi-channel commerce solution, which supports both direct and indirect sales, is designed to help companies of all sizes maximize online revenues as well as reduce the costs and risks of running a commerce operation. The comprehensive platform offers site development and hosting, order management, fraud prevention, export controls, tax management, physical and digital product fulfillment, multilingual customer service, advanced reporting and strategic marketing services.
We are a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: DRIV) headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with offices and more than 1400 employees located across the United States, Europe and the Asia Pacific.
RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES – KEY GOALS
- Setup, maintain, monitor, tune, and upgrade Microsoft SQL Server instances in a 24x7, high availability environment.
- Work closely with developers on application design, performance, and troubleshooting.
- Write efficient T-SQL and tune SQL for better performance.
- Implement various backup and recovery strategies of Microsoft SQL Server instances.
- Implement and support instance and database security standards.
- Follow procedures identified by SOX and PCI standards, and understand auditing requirements.
- Participate in a production support on-call rotation.
- Actively participate in project teams and manage several different projects at once.
KEY TARGET QUALIFICATIONS –MUST HAVES
- Minimum of three (3) years of Microsoft SQL Server DBA experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of Windows OS experience.
- Experience with OLTP and VLDB database environments.
- Experience with performance tuning of Microsoft SQL Server instances and OLTP applications.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server software installation, upgrades, patches and migrations.
- Proven ability to lead major database projects through various life cycles.
- Experience with clustered servers and instances are a plus.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and 2008 database administration is required.
- Windows OS proficiency is required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Efficient organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- A desire to learn and become proficient at Oracle is required - Oracle 10g database administration experience is preferred.
- Unix OS proficiency is a plus, with some Unix/Linux knowledge preferred.
- Shell scripting in BASH or Korn shell (KSH) is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a computer-related field, or equivalent experience.
- Microsoft Certification is preferred.
Digital River, Inc. offers a variety of perks such as an on-site fitness center, on-site full-service cafeteria, free on-site parking, casual dress every day, tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, domestic partner benefits, auto and homeowners discounts, on-site massage therapists and chiropractors, bring your dog to work day, pet insurance and all in a beautiful, Leed-certified, state-of-the-art building with scenic walking trails.
- Knowledge and experience with Oracle, and MySQL databases is a plus.
- Previous experience with an e-commerce company is a plus.
- Experience with SQL Server 2012 is a plus.
Standard benefits include a competitive benefits package to all regular, full-time employees, a 401(k) plan with an aggressive company match, employee stock purchase plan, medical-dental-vision and life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, a flexible spending/cafeteria plan, holiday and vacation days.
Digital River, Inc. supports and embraces a diverse workforce as an Equal Employment Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer.