SUMMARY: The Packaging Controls Engineer supports all control systems for all of GMCR’s packaging systems. These systems include a wide variety of controllers, user interfaces, robots, and quality analysis equipment. The Packaging Controls Engineer will coordinate with all GMCR engineering, operations, and maintenance personnel to support all packaging control systems.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : Not Applicable
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
- Support GMCR sites that do not have local controls expertise and supplement local controls engineering staffs as needed.
- Support the checkout, commissioning, and optimization of equipment. Meet with packaging equipment suppliers to ensure delivered systems meet plant computer, electrical, and instrumentation standards.
- Develop/implement control system modifications to enhance the operation and efficiency of the packaging systems. This includes, but is not limited to, PLC, HMI, and robot programming changes.
- Implement changes to equipment control systems from OEMs to ensure that consistency is maintained at all GMCR locations.
- Maintain PLC and HMI code to support the data collection and manufacturing execution systems. Ensure that OEMs follow GMCR data collection standards to track downtime reasons and machinery efficiency.
- Assist local sites and senior control engineers with the coordination of all equipment control, component, and design change requests with equipment suppliers.
- Recommend and apply automation to improve packaging efficiencies, reduce costs and to assure consistent product quality .
- Recommend automated system implementations or modifications to improve employee safety.
- Exercise proper change control procedures and maintain system documentation.
- Ensure business continuity through industry standards and good engineering practices.
Packaging Controls Engineer I - Multi Site
- Interface with and support other GMCR Engineering Disciplines.
- Interface with and support manufacturing department heads and supervisors as needed to support automated systems and processes.
- Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements as defined by GMCR.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- BS in Engineering or equivalent technical experience
- Industrial Automation experience in a manufacturing environment.
- PLC programming experience is required. Prefer Allen-Bradley systems experience including a general understanding of Allen-Bradley industrial networks.
- Experience supporting HMI displays, preferably Allen-Bradley.
- Experience with variable speed and servo drives is preferred; Allen-Bradley experience is a plus.
- Experience with robotic control systems is preferred; Fanuc robot experience is a plus.
- Possess a good understanding of computer and industrial networks.
- Ability to travel as needed up to 50%.
- Ability to work hours outside of routine schedule as necessary.
- Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instructions.
- Ability to effectively perform in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures.
- Predominately sedentary light office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (~50% of the workday)
- Some time spent in the manufacturing and distribution environment for testing, installation and troubleshooting purposes. (~50% of the workday).
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
We believe in using the power of business to make the world a better place. Each step on the long road from tree to cup gives us an...