ABOUT MAITRI COMPASSIONATE CARE:
No one should have to suffer or die alone. Maitri provides compassionate residential support to men and women living with AIDS in need of hospice or 24-hour care and cultivates the deepest respect and love for life among its residents and caregivers. Visit www.maitrisf.org for more information.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Reporting to and in collaboration with the Executive Director, the Development Manager creates, produces and monitors development goals and practices. He/she is responsible for donor and community relations activities including (but not limited to) public relations (website, periodicals and social media networking), fundraising campaigns, grant writing, internal/external event coordination, volunteer recruitment, gift processing, and database management.
This is a full-time position with generous benefits and a starting salary in the mid-to-upper $50,000s, depending on experience.
1. Planning and Achieving Fundraising Goals
2. Donor and Community Relations
- Participate in meetings and maintain awareness of development goals and projects; promote involvement of Board, Executive Director, Development Committee, Staff, and Volunteers in meeting those goals.
3. Gift Processing
- Manage "Dinner at Maitri" fundraising events.
- Manage production of Maitri's annual gala, BLISS, with contracted event producer.
- Represent Maitri at external fundraising and community events.
- Supervise outside resources in relation to fundraising events, including but not limited to, printers, graphic designers, consultants, volunteers, food services, venue representatives; collaborate with other non-profit organizations when appropriate.
- Solicits in-kind goods and professional services to match the needs of particular projects or programs (in-house and as 3 rd party beneficiary), including but not limited to graphic design, massage therapists, food and beverage services, kitchen equipment, cultural and/or event tickets for residents, volunteers and staff, entertainers, photographers, computer equipment, office equipment.
- Participate in and provide support for third-party fundraising activities where Maitri is a beneficiary (e.g. Folsom Street Events, Academy of Friends, Grass Roots Gay Rights West).
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, prepare, edit and coordinate production of direct mail campaigns, e-mail campaigns, annual report, newsletters and collateral materials in a manner that reinforces Maitri's philosophy and image as well as donors' relationships with the organization.
- Manage Maitri website and social networks to ensure accurate information and to generate fundraising opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other community-based organizations and manage any resulting cooperative fundraising ventures.
4. Volunteer Management
- Code and process all development-related income for accurate general ledger reporting and timely acknowledgement of gifts.
- Oversee accurate and timely tracking and acknowledgement of all in-kind donations using donor database.
- Reconcile records with Maitri's Administration Manager.
5. Administrative Support
- Recruit and manage volunteers for (internal and external) fundraising events and administrative tasks.
- Perform duties related to Development meetings, including, but not limited to, preparation of meeting materials, formation and distribution of meeting minutes, scheduling of meeting space, arrangement for refreshments and confirmation of attendees.
- Produce reports to gauge department's effectiveness and progress.
- Maintain comprehensive Development filing system.
- In coordination with the Administration Manager, order and maintain appropriate Development supplies.
- Maintain inventory of Development Department supplies specific to events (i.e. wine, dishes and other collateral).
7. Other Tasks:
- In collaboration with Executive Director, facilitate/track grant applications, and maintain Grants Calendar.
- Participate in agency task forces and meetings.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum 4 years' experience with fundraising and donor/community relations activities
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- Database experience (application and management)
- Detail oriented
- Highly organized
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Excellent group facilitation and presentation skills. Comfortable speaking in front of groups.
- Multi-tasker (flexible/able to prioritize)
- Committed to organization's mission
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds (including: staff, residents, volunteers, donors, etc.)Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Criminal background check, Physical and TB screening required
To apply, send cover letter, resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Development Manager Position" in the subject line. Or by mail to:
Development Manager Position
Maitri Compassionate Care
401 Duboce Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94117
Maitri is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination based on the fact or perception of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, height, weight, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, place of birth, creed, national origin, marital status, domestic partner status or AIDS/HIV status.
- This is a non-profit organization.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.