: Vitaline Building/Geisinger Medical
: Full Time
Responsible for researching medical records for diagnosis, patient history, and procedures for qualifying coverage assigning appropriate ICD-9 codes in collaboration with clinical staff to maximize reimbursement.
Assists nurse case manager in placing referrals for nursing services through sub-contracted arrangements when required by third party contract.
Enters referral/patient data into infusion software and credentialing new physicians.
Maintains current knowledge of home care accreditation standards for billing activities.
Maintains a close working relationship with the clinical and patient accounting staff to ensure clear communication and handling of business needs.
Reports to Business Manager.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated strong mathematical (calculation of percentages, ratios, etc.) and clerical skills, good oral and written communication with ability to communicate effectively, good organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain current knowledge of insurance coverage, knowledge of ICD-9 codes, and medical terminology.
- Must have proven experience with word processing software and spreadsheet software.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Minimum of two years experience in healthcare related field. High school diploma, associate degree preferred.
- Maximum of six months to learn all aspects of the job.
GEISINGER HEALTH SYSTEM
- Work is typically performed in an office environment. Requires sitting for long periods of time.
Geisinger Health System serves nearly 3 million people in Northeastern and Central Pennsylvania and has been nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care.
A mature electronic health record connects a comprehensive network of 2 hospitals, 38 community practice sites and more than 900 Geisinger primary and specialty care physicians.
As a not-for-profit, integrated-delivery health system, Geisinger is a national model of physician-led, nurse-driven healthcare delivery. Geisinger is a leading-edge teaching institution with nearly 40 accredited residency and fellowship programs. Geisinger performs cutting-edge laboratory research at The Sigfried and JanetWeisCenter for Research.
The fourth annual Thomson Reuters 15 Top Health Systems study ranks Geisinger as one of the top 15 health systems in the United States. Geisinger was also recently named to the Becker’s Hospital Review “100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare” list for 2011.
Geisinger offers a competitive compensation package beginning day one of hire including comprehensive medical and retirement program benefits, domestic partner benefits, and more.
Geisinger Health System - 17 months ago
Geisinger Health System provides health care to a large portion of the Keystone State. The health care system serves more than 2.6 million...