Under the direction of the Principle Investigator or designee, the Research Coordinator II is responsible for independently carrying out multiple complex and diverse research initiatives.
- Provide support to projects through implementation of work plans, and preparation of deliverables. Assist in the documentation of project writing, preparation of material for project meetings and IRB submissions, summary reports, ongoing project evaluations, and coordinate arrangements applicable to assigned projects such as interview arrangements, etc.
- Administratively responsible for the clinical aspects of patient study subjects and testing
- Participate in preparing project-specific data collection efforts including surveys, interviews, focus groups involving patients, state agency personnel and other key informants. Record and analyze pertinent data. Evaluate and update data in relation to protocol
- Design and execute protocols and experiments, modify protocols as needed, and may be responsible for own research project
- Oversee development of data collection instruments, survey tools and interview guides, perform and oversee data collection, management and analysis as necessary
- Assist in writing the text of scientific publications and grants. Review literature
- Assist in design, development and implementation of research endeavors for multiple principal investigators
- Assist with the budget/operational aspects of the revenue and expense accounts. Compile expenses for fiscal reports and grant budgets. Assist grant accounting with grant reporting requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining all regulatory paperwork from study initiation, continuation, and termination (includes application for IRB, informed consents, HIPAA Authorization, etc.)
- May help recruit, select, supervise and direct the activities of data collection employees, Research Technicians, and Research Coordinators
- Comply with all safety and infection control standards appropriate to this position
- Responsible for the inventory of research related supplies.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or health care field, or equivalent experience
- 3 years of related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal requirements for the conduct of clinical trials
- Experience in using computer based tools (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization, analytical, and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to travel to off-site locations
SUPERVISION RECEIVED :
Under the general supervision of the Principle Investigator or designee
Supervise and direct the activities of data collection employees, lab technicians & research coordinator I’s
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Usual office environment, laboratory, medical, surgical, and off campus study sites