Bachelors degree is required
The Manager, EMR Revenue Cycle is responsible for the daily management of all operations related to EMR clinical applications. Will be accountable for planning, coordination, execution, monitoring, communication / reporting of all maintenance and support activities to ensure the operational needs of business are met in a timely manner and will be responsible manage staff to ensure that work for optimal resource utilization. Responsible for tactical planning, oversight, and continuous improvement of the design, implementation, and support of the organization’s electronic health record to ensure the stabilization and optimization is complete. Leads and directs the work of others, to include inpatient and outpatient clinical teams along with the ancillary clinical teams spanning both areas. This position interacts and coordinates with other members of the EMR team, other teams within the Information Technology department including process improvement, helpdesk, and with business stakeholders, to ensure the mutual goals are met. Will work with the appropriate staff to evaluate and anticipate the resource needs on strategic and other initiatives prioritized by the organization and provide technical staff to meet the project goals of completion within scope, schedule and allocated budget. Will be responsible for staff growth / career plan, mentoring and coaching of direct reports. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Will act as a project manager for assigned projects. Manager EMR Clinical a key member of the management team,
Will be required to take on call and provide direction to the team/s.
1. Primary duty consists of day-day functional / operational management of the respective team/s
2. Develops, documents, and maintains standards for the EMR operations.
- Responsible for hiring, firing, advancement, promotion, or change of status for employees or provides recommendations that are given considerable weight.
- Builds confidence and trust as a knowledgeable leader internally within IT and in interactions with key business stakeholders
- Demonstrates critical thinking, problem-solving in prioritizing work for the staff and in dealing with operational issues as they arise
- Trains employees and sets hours worked for employees
- Monitors, and reports metrics, Servjce Level Agreements and other ticklers on the overall performance and health of the team/s to the Director at a determined frequency.
- Ensures visibility to all key stakeholders to ensure they feel they are heard and ensures that the team is responsive to their needs.
- Plans and directs work of employees;ensures that staff is engaged and performing optimally in order to support the operational and project goals of the organization.
- Works closely with Project Managers and the PMO Manager to ensure optimal resource allocation is complete on projects.
- Responds and resolves conflicts from escalations arising from Project Managers, Team Supervisors and Leads
- Completes performance appraisals.
- Handles employee complaints, grievances, and/or disciplinary actions.
- Serves as project manager for work as assigned.
- Focuses relentlessly on building the skills and capabilities of problem solving and continuous improvement at the front line.
- Trains staff to protect and improve service levels by reacting immediately to abnormal conditions, understanding root causes, solving problems one by one through experimentation, widely and rapidly sharing findings, spreading and preventing recurrences.
- Inspires the staff to own not only their work but also the ongoing improvement of their work.
- Encourages ownership and participation by demonstrating respect, seeking their input and acting upon their suggestions.
- On a routine basis, visits staff in their workplace, observing the work in progress, reflects, discusses any abnormal conditions, asks why, seeks to deeply understand, and builds problem-solving and improvement skills among the staff (rather than solving problems for them.)
- Coordinates cross-functional workflows and issues with other team leads, project managers, and managers.
3. Manages staff resources to provide support for the issues affecting EMR service delivery and projects. This includes analytical, diagnostic, technical planning and support.
- Will establish and document procedures for EMR operations to ensure a high level of reliability with the lowest possible requirement for maintenance resources. Systems and interfaces will be continuously monitored to ensure compliance to standards.
- Responds to PSEs (Patient Safety Escalations) in a timely manner
- Responsible for working, updating and monitoring customer problems/inquiries via the current Work Order system.
- Responsible for resolving customer problems according to the Problem Management Guidelines/Severity Definitions/Service Level Agreements.
4. Participates, under direction of director, in the design, selection and implementation of EMR application/s components.
- Projects and work orders must be completed on schedule without impacting other projects.
- Priorities must be met by coordinating staff resources with departmental needs and requirements.
- Systems related applications must be kept up to date and documentation to reflect all changes.
- Responses to audits must be conducted on a monthly basis detailing changes to be made or reasons not.
5. Serves as project manager for the integration of multiple applications, components, and systems.
- Will work with internal customers, IT staff and outside vendors to analyze future EMR applications / solutions needs for the organization. This will require the incumbent to keep abreast of current trends in the industry through trade publications, use groups, internet, etc.
6. Works with Systems Infrastructure to validate system backups for data integrity and data recovery for EMR systems. Ensures all changes are planned and communicated proactively to business users and project resources. In coordination with others on IT team will ensure EMR systems:
- Installs and maintains components.
- Integrates components.
- Plans and tests systems.
- Ensures smooth transition of new systems and changes into production support.
- Will engage resources to validate data integrity arising from any system backup problems on a timely basis to ensure sufficient backups are available.
- Will document all issues from planned and unplanned downtimes as they relate to applications to prevent reoccurrences.
- Will conduct monthly testing via validation of backups and document results.
- Bachelors degree
- 5-7 years IT management experience with specific experience in managing day-to-day operations of an EMR Clinical applications OR
- 5-7 years management experience in managing day-to-day operations as a revenue cycle manager in a hospital environment; knowledge of EMR functionality and impact on revenue cycle.
John C. Lincoln Health Network is now HonorHealth. Learn more at HonorHealthJobs.com