Responsible for instruction, directing, and checking the work of other systems analyst/ programming personnel.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Must have five years of Applications experience in the relevant technology environment.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
- May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to develop system specifications and decision flows, in the form of flow charts or equivalent techniques, from written business requirements.
- Must be able to demonstrate a solid (everyday use) working knowledge of computer products depending upon the technical environment of the position.
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in writing with peers and senior personnel to fully understand tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to demonstrate critical thinking skills, with regard to system issues.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of patient data and the use of this data in a healthcare environment, as applicable.
- Must demonstrate the ability to develop system configuration/modifications from detailed specifications.
- Must be able to accept verbal and/or written problems or direction from senior staff and business users and demonstrate an ability to prepare specifications that reflect provided information (with coaching from senior personnel).
- Must have knowledge of products such as word processing, spreadsheets and management of database tables in a PC environment.
- May be subject to temporary reassignments to other managers, supervisors, teams and/or projects based upon the needs or priorities of the department.