Job Description & Qualifications
The applications engineer will need to be able to work with software strategists, calibrators and electrified vehicle program teams, to support vehicle builds, trouble shoot vehicle issues and propose solutions. You will need to understand the interactions with other vehicle systems and speak to the issues as the representative of the Controls Team in meetings with other functions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading meetings where software delivery updates are made for communication to the programs
- Lead trouble shooting efforts for vehicle issues, and bring in supporting teams as needed.
- Lead issue resolution to root cause, permanent corrective action and prevent recurrence.
- Conduct application specific design verification testing
- Cascade application specific verification testing using Ford tools
- Sign off for controls software, hardware, packaging and wiring guidelines
- Represent the Controls department at program and launch meetings.
- Drive commonality across platforms and applications for electrified vehicles. Lead assessments and preparation for Engineering milestone reviews
- Develop application specific control system requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (BSMS/BSEE). MSME/MSEE preferred.
- 2-5 years automotive systems experience
- 2-3 years PT controls systems background
- Excellent people skills and the ability to interface with several teams is a must.
- Working knowledge of Ford product development systems is a desired.
- Must have experience in Design Verification, FMEA process
- Strong troubleshooting experience required. Experience in automotive 8D methodology a plus.
- Understanding of CAN multiplex communications is desired.
- Working knowledge of Ford Calibration Toolset is a plus.
This assignment will challenge your ability to work across multiple functions and in non-traditional environments. The applications team is at the center of delivering the next generation of electrified vehicles for Ford. The Electrified Powertrain Engineering organization is responsible for developing and delivering electrified vehicle programs for all Ford Motor Company brands globally.
At Ford Motor Company, we are dedicated to designing, manufacturing and selling high quality vehicles that meet the diverse needs of our customers. We believe our employees and the different perspectives that they bring to the business are the driving force behind our success.
Come discover a company that is focused on the quality of our vehicles, the environment, the community and the world in which we live.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. We have a commitment to our products and customers, but also know that our employees are the driving force behind our success. Find out what it is like to love your job.