As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
The Enterprise Service Desk Program provides Mission Readiness support to over 40,000 global Customers. Our ESD Team includes more than 100 dedicated staff working 24x7 delivering phone, web, remote management, and server support to our Customers. We rely on each other, process documents, technical solutions, Instant Messaging, training, and professional growth to resolve Customer issues as quickly as possible.
The organization is a very fast-paced, dynamic environment. Superior customer service skills are required. This position requires ability to work independently as well as within groups. Sensitivity to accuracy, timeliness, and professionalism in all areas of support activity is imperative.
The Service Desk Support Technician is responsible for providing Tier I and basic Tier II support to customers with hardware, software, and application problems. The candidate serves as the Information Technology customer service specialist that performs a range of activities that contribute to overall customer satisfaction to the user base. Attention to detail and good organization skills are critical. Accurate incident documentation and tracking are important parts of the position.
Service Desk Technician - Functional Description minimum requirements:
o A+, Network +, or Security + (CompTIA CE)
- Complies with documented procedures for IT service restoration by adhering to ESD policies and procedures relative to problem analysis and resolution
- Demonstrates excellent Customer Relationship skills through communications, tone, knowledge, and respect while engaging via phones, web tickets, and other communications media
- Demonstrates good writing skills relative to etiquette, clarity, concise information gathering, feedback, and written documentation during troubleshooting activities and resolution
- Demonstrates ability to independently understand, troubleshoot, and resolve many types of Service Requests
- Demonstrates the ability to learn all facets of the ESD's process oriented environment
- Possesses an IAT Level 1 certification at start or within 30 days of start
Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems and administrative tools
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of Enterprise support hardware, software, network connectivity and applications
- Provides accurate and detailed documentation of the IT problem, analysis and resolution actions performed during the IT restoration process
- Accurately and completely capture Customer and Incident data within the service request tracking system
- Follows direction from Shift Leads and Senior Agents
- Offers continuous improvement suggestions to enhance performance of entire team
High school diploma or GED required.
Requires 3 years experience in windows environment and/or call center or service desk experience.
Requires a Security+ce Certification
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...