Faculty Development Center
Full-time Replacement Position
Webster University is seeking a Faculty Development Coordinator within the Faculty Development Center to support faculty members through professional development offerings for full and part time faculty members, including orientation activities and training related to theories and techniques for improving student learning, including effective use of classroom and online technologies for teaching. The Coordinator collaborates with colleagues in the Faculty Development Center to provide comprehensive service and support to assist faculty members located at campuses throughout the U.S., Europe, and Asia. The ideal candidate will possess experience teaching or training in a higher education setting, a grounded understanding of teaching and learning best practices, and experience applying technology in creative and relevant ways to improve student learning.
- Develop and deliver programs for faculty members to improve skills related to improving student learning, including practices and technologies informed by relevant teaching and learning theory.
- Provide ongoing faculty support for effective use of teaching technologies, including Instructure Canvas, Turnitin, and other tools and technologies and University resources.
- Coordinate orientation programs for full and part-time faculty members.
- Develop training resources and materials that support faculty professional development efforts.
- Provide faculty training, in individualized settings, small groups, and via the web in synchronous and asynchronous formats.
- Maintains training program materials and documentation to keep them relevant and useful.
- Tracks and reports participation, satisfaction, and other measurements to ensure continuous improvement of programs and services.
- Manages projects related to faculty development initiatives.
Bachelor’s degree, Masters degree strongly preferred (in instructional design, educational technology, or related field); ability to develop and implement training programs with limited supervision; teaching and/or training and development experience in higher education setting; experience with instructional technologies; excellent analytical and problem solving skills; superior written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to provide professional consultation services to faculty clients; qualitative and quantitative skills and experience with continuous improvement of services and/or programs.
Please send resume and cover letter to: Human Resources, Re: Faculty Development Coordinator, 470 E. Lockwood Ave, St. Louis, MO 63119, or email@example.com .
No phone calls, please.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Webster University - 17 months ago