This position is responsible for coding all services including major and minor surgical cases and E/M levels performed in both the office and hospital setting for MidMichigan Physicians Group, Family Practice Center, MidMichigan Urgent Care-Clare and MidMichigan Urgent Care-Midland. This position monitors compliance with third party payers guidelines while ensuring the maximum allowed reimbursement is attained. This position requires broad knowledge of current payer rules for all insurance companies we participate with, in addition to analytical skills to ensure all procedures are coded correctly for a timely and accurate reimbursement from all payers. This position must be able to work independently and make decisions based on their broad knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding rules and regulations.
Note: Position will be located in Alma, MI.
- One of the following certifications is required: Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certificate or Certified Coding Specialist-Physician Office (CCS-P) certificate, Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA).
- Four (4) years experience in the medical field. Two (2) years physician coding and billing experience. One (1) year with direct physician contact.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computer.
- Knowledge of medical record/patient confidentiality laws.
- Oral, written interpersonal skills needed to communicate successfully with individuals and groups and interact with people at all levels to communicate ideas and concepts in a clear and understandable manner.
MidMichigan Health - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
MidMichigan Health is a non-profit health system, headquartered in Midland, Michigan, dedicated to providing quality, comprehensive health...