HAEMONETICS, THE Blood Management Company is a global leader engaged in the design, manufacture and worldwide sales and marketing of blood management solutions. Recognized as the innovator in blood technologies, our mission is to create innovative products, design information technology platforms and to provide consulting services to advance the safety, quality and availability of the world’s blood supply.
Facilities Technician II
Performs timely preventive and corrective maintenance on assigned utilities equipment and/or physical plant to assure efficient performance within safe production and quality standards. Provides technical supports to one or more manufacturing areas. Prepares diligently technical reports and/or related documentation. Works under minimal supervision and performs troubleshooting as required to address root cause solution.
• Working to support facility coverage in a 24 hr./7 day per week schedule
• Monitoring, maintaining, and troubleshooting the operation of facilities and utilities associated with manufacturing and production areas.
• Monitoring and maintaining utilities including HVAC, DI/USP water systems, emergency generator units (EGU’s), compressed air, electrical boilers and associated process equipment.
• Monitoring alarm annunciator panel and resolving system failure for associated equipment with control and monitoring systems.
• Performing preventative maintenance (PM) and general repairs for facilities and utilities equipment.
• Assisting in facility modifications including upkeep of building aesthetics.
• Assisting in utility specification and/or modifications for operation and maintenance (O&M) improvements.
• Perform work orders (WO) generated in the CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) to keep facilities and utilities in top shape.
• Assist Manufacturing and Production team in all needs to keep production working properly.
• Develop documentation for all action taken after performing basic structured troubleshooting and failure analysis.
• Follow prescribed safety procedures, and comply with federal and local laws regulating waste disposal methods.
• Performs all maintenance activities by complying with all CGMP and Safety regulations and policies.
• Supports all engineering tests and studies by providing technical expertise and hands-on support.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results; keeping business information confidential; administering the system security; ensuring data accuracy and integrity; maintaining updated professional and technical knowledge; assuring systems compliance with laws, regulations, and corporate standards; ensuring a safe and healthy environment.
• Demonstrate accountability for duties as assigned and team player attitude.
• Complies with QSR, ISO and all applicable regulations and company procedures.
• Acknowledge and maintain commitment with the environmental policy, and participate actively in the environmental programs to achieve the objectives and targets with their area.
• Participate in the development of environmental improvement projects, which imply the minimization, all possible negative environmental impacts of daily operations and activities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Associate Degree in Engineering Technology, Electricity, HVAC&R, Electronics or Industrial Mechanics from an accredited university or school and/or related years experience in similar position.
• Two (2) to four (4) years of work related experience in medical device or pharmaceutical preferred.
• License of Electrician and/or Refrigeration preferable.
Haemonetics Corporation is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Haemonetics Corp. - 2 years ago