Job Title: GIS Technician
Based at: Washington DC, SW
Job (Purpose) Summary: The GIS Technicians are needed to help with database cleanup involving GIS systems and the IADB.
NFF has two openings for Senior GIS Technicians to review a backlog of approximately 2,000 properties in the billing department. They will review the properties and the databases that rely on the quantity of data.
- Review GIS records and planimetric data against new drawings (manual or digitized)
- Interpret data using business rules
- Use business rules to apply spatial and relationship rules to property map and land records
- Update drawings using ARC-GIS and JTX
- 3 years technical experience with ESRI, ARC-GIS and JTX, and related sources of GIS data such as Auto-CAD drawings or as built architectural drawings
- 1 year of specialized training in GIS data evaluation at the University level
- 2 years experience with moving large quantities of data from a GIS system to another database
- 2 years experience performing QA reviews
- Ability to extract GIS and other database record values into Excel
- Ability to concentrate in a cube environment
- Experience using GIS data for other applications (billing especially) is a plus
- Customer service skills
The most powerful success comes only through the collective contribution and innovation of our employees. That means we must continue to attract and retain the best and brightest people with relevant job experience and offer a competitive salary and full range of comprehensive benefits. Please visit the careers page of our website (www.nffinc.com) for more details.
VOLUNTARY SELF-IDENTIFICATION FORM (CONFIDENTIAL)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law. NFF is subject to certain governmental recordkeeping and reporting requirements for the administration of civil rights laws and regulations and affirmative action. In order to comply with these laws, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify your gender, race and ethnicity. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment. The information will be kept confidential and will only be used in accordance with the provisions of applicable laws, executive orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government. When reported, data will not identify any specific individual. This information will not be shared with hiring managers, will be kept separate from your application data and will not affect any employment decisions.
NFF, Inc - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard