Shopatron, the cloud's #1 fulfill-anywhere platform, is the world's only eCommerce solution that can increase sales online, while also increasing sales through retail stores. Shopatron’s distributed order management solution provides an innovative and flexible approach to online sales that matches the unique needs of branded manufacturers, multi-channel retailers, and online marketplaces. Founded in 2001, Shopatron works with over 1,000 branded manufacturers and 20,000 retail partners across more than 40 industries. Clients include top brands such as Bosch, Suzuki, Polaroid, Mizuno, Ducati, JL Audio, K2, Roland and Sport Chalet. The company has offices in San Luis Obispo, California and Swindon, United Kingdom.
Shopatron is looking for an individual with Database Administration experience and a strong knowledge of MySQL to join the Shopatron systems team. The Shopatron systems team is responsible for architecting, deploying, and supporting our eCommerce and logistics fulfillment infrastructure containing thousands of products for leading brands in over 35 industries.
• Perform pro-active and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, and troubleshooting
• Work with the Application Engineering team for performance tuning, query optimizations, index tuning, caching and buffer tuning.
• Work with the Application Engineering team to coordinate database changes that occur with each release.
• Create/Maintain/Test/Document MySQL master/slave replication.
• Research and deploy "fine tuning" methods to increase the performance of the current servers.
• Manage database users to aide in better logging of errors and overall security.
• Assist with backups of data.
• Create and document a test routine to ensure backups are working in the result of a failure.
• Aid in database creation/analysis.
• Assist in creating ad-hoc reports.
• Work with hosting and application engineering groups to create the graceful fail over processes.
• Install, configure, manage and maintain multiple MySQL servers and databases.
• Perform appropriate back-up, restoration and upgrades of database servers and insure recovery processes can be performed within agreed upon time windows.
• Research and explore other database alternatives.
• Participate in primary on-call rotation for database issues.
• BS degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent years of experience
• Demonstrated experience with relational database physical design, performance tuning and capacity planning especially on MySQL based environments
• 4+ years experience as a DBA in a production environment or equivalent
• Experience with high volume MySQL database administration
• Knowledge of database replication, server clustering, database monitoring
• Practical experience designing databases using standard practices in OLTP and OLAP environments
• MySQL 5.0 for DBAs certification
• Experience with Linux/Unix and scripting/data manipulation tools
• Troubleshooting and problem resolution skills with MySQL
• Strong communication and team relationship skills a must.
• High attention to detail and the ability to work with large degree of independence.
• Experience with MySQL cluster and MySQL cluster DBA certification is a plus
Compensation will include salary and healthcare benefits. The position will be based out of Shopatron’s San Luis Obispo office.
Shopatron, Inc. - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard