Grey has spent almost 100 years mastering the art of fame and perfecting the science of fortune. It's part of our culture, and it permeates every aspect of our work. From the E*TRADE Baby, to CoverGirl Ellen DeGeneres to the Russian oligarch’s petite lap giraffe for DirecTV, among others, we’ve helped create pop culture sensations, and more than 90% of our clients reported positive sales growth — famous and effective. Since moving to award winning, LEED gold-certified new offices in New York’s Flatiron District, Grey has grown dramatically, increasing our client list by 50% and equally growing our number of employees. Our reputation for smart, nimble thinking behind our famously effective work continues to grow as well: Grey is the only agency to be named one of Fast Company’s “50 Most Innovative Companies in the World” two years in a row. By every measure — growth from existing clients, new business success, a soaring creative reputation — Grey’s performance has never been better. At the heart of that success is the continued infusion of the industry’s top talent. We’re looking to continue both trends — best year, top talent — this year and beyond.
The Assistant Account Executive (AAE) position is a fast-paced and dynamic role; star performers advance by demonstrating a passion for ideas and mastery of the AAE skill set. Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Effectively coordinating and giving direction to service departments of the agency (i.e. creative, account planning, production, finance etc.) as well as external partner agencies (i.e. media, digital, in-store, ethnic, design etc.).
- Proficiently writing internal/external meeting reports, POVs, memos & emails (i.e. proper grammar, usage, tonality and respect)
- Respond promptly to all Client and internal requests.
- Maintaining budget (IBS) control records, including opening job numbers, updating the tracking sheet and information on finance system.
- Populate and distribute weekly status reports.
- Support AE in the development and generation of production estimates, schedules (CPS) and all production processes
- Obtaining all necessary legal approvals, continuity & network clearance, etc.
- Developing studies and competitive analyses of client products.
- Exhibit resourcefulness in collecting relevant data on client and marketplace
- Maintain organization of business documents on the team server and hardcopy printed materials.
- Learn the Client’s business better than they know it themselves (i.e. know the business results, share, volume etc.).
In addition, the Assistant Account Executive may provide initial work on overall marketing development recommendations. Depending on the particular account, the AAE may or may not have direct client contact.
The candidate should have strong communication skills, excellent numerical and analytical ability, good interpersonal skills and the ability to work on one’s own with increasingly less direct supervision. Demonstrate a good eye for details in all responsibilities. Organization and follow-up skills are extremely important. BA or equivalent degree is required. Related work experience or internships are required as well. Fluency in Spanish and English is a must .
Grey New York - 2 years ago