This is a Procurement Subcontracts Specialist position in support of the Space and Launch Systems (SLS) Business Units within the Supply Chain/Materiel Management (SCMM) organization. This position will support Aerojet's Huntsville Office and will be located in Huntsville, Alabama. The Procurement Subcontracts Specialist, working directly with SLS Material Program Manager (MPM) and Business Unit Management. The Procurement Subcontracts
Specialist is responsible for cost, schedule, and technical performance on assigned major subcontracts; leads negotiations of subcontracts and subcontract changes; supports critical suppliers teaming relationship, and long term agreements.
Major responsibilities include:
• Provide Supply Chain representation and support SLS Business Unit and SLS Business Development activities in Huntsville, AL.
• Develop and coordinate Supply Chain goals, objectives, and standards.
• Support development and integration of the Supply Chain Management plan and strategies.
• Coordinate with MPM and Supply Chain Management functional leadership to coordinate resources and plans if/as required.
• Support proposal effort and team with MPM, other members, and proposal analysts for pricing strategies and source development.
• Support establishing annual booking plans, manage cost and schedule performance to program plan, escalate variances and develop corrective action plans to achieve commitments as necessary. Manage Cost Account Plans (CAPs) if/as required.
• Support MPM and Supply Chain Management and cross functional personnel in the identification and resolution of material problems on all programs.
• Represent the SC/MM SLS MPM on all material issues affecting program performance, if/as required.
• Represent procurement on the Integrated Product Development Teams; support program Subcontract Management Teams (SMTs) and interface cross functionally in the resolution of material problems or other material related issues.
• Manage the supplier base monitoring supplier quality and delivery performance for early identification of problem areas and develop/coordinate viable solutions.
• Support conducting supplier surveys/evaluations, resolutions to Terms and Conditions exceptions and provide contract closure support.
• Provide support for supplier alliances, supplier teaming, and the certified supplier program.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each):
50%- Procure components, sub-assemblies, and major assemblies at competitive prices, which meet schedule, technical, safety, and quality standards. Prepare Requests for Quotations and analyze responses. Evaluate supplier capabilities and capacities. Perform Price/Cost Analysis (PCA) of complex high value subcontracts. Assess the adequacy of supplier’s cost or pricing data in accordance with FAR requirements and in depth review of the supplier’s cost data supporting each of the cost elements that make up the supplier’s proposal. Perform evaluations of procurement documents. Function as the responsible office of record for contractual documentation. Provide interdepartmental coordination for procurement activities.
20%- Represent Supply Chain on the Integrated Product Teams (IPT) and interface cross functionally in the resolution of material problems or other material related issues. Support MPM and other cross functional personnel in the identification and resolution of material problems on all programs.
15%- Manage the supplier base monitoring supplier quality and delivery performance for early identification of problem areas. Team with MPM and other members in conducting supplier surveys/evaluations, resolutions to Terms and Conditions exceptions and provide contract closure support. Provide support for supplier alliances, supplier teaming and other critical strategic supplier decisions.
5%- Support proposal support and team with MPM and proposal analysts for pricing strategies and source development.
5%- Support achieving Annual Booking Plans, manage performance to plan, escalate variances and develop corrective action plans to achieve commitments as necessary.
5%- Represent the MPM on all material issues affecting program performance.
A Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline and ten (10) years of directly related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Understanding of the program office/project management role. Advanced knowledge of government regulations regarding procurement and
contractual agreements. High level of understanding in all business matters and have the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management. Deal effectively with subcontractor top management.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
Apply for this job:
We consider the consistent demonstration of positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and professional behavior to be an essential function of every position. While different positions have different primary areas of responsibility and technical expertise, everyone needs to work as a team, and we expect all employees to contribute as necessary to get the job done.
- Apply for this job online
- E-mail a friend about this job
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).
Aerojet is an EEO Employer, M/F/V/D
Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the
interview process should e-mail the Human Resources Department at Accommodation Request.
Aerojet - 17 months ago