A high-growth, low-cost leader in natural gas production, Encana is reshaping North America's energy portfolio by providing a clean, affordable, abundant resource for future generations. Our four natural gas key resource plays in the USA Division – Haynesville, Jonah, Piceance and Texas – are long-life formations where we apply our resource play hub strategy to maximize production and generate value that was previously unrecognized.
The North Rockies team is seeking a Drilling Engineer. This position will report to the Group Lead- Jonah Drilling.
- Research and prepare detailed drilling procedures and AFEs for wells in the following Jonah Field
- Will be assigned multiple rigs and will act as drilling engineer and superintendent for these rigs, managing field drilling personnel
- Will be responsible for drilling procedures that include casing and cementing designs, bit and hydraulic programs and drill string design
- Must keep informed of new technology and implement on projects to add value
- Responsible for cost control and detailed cost analysis on all drilling projects
- Direct and assist lower level engineers on the team
- Be a champion for Safety Initiatives and Implementation of Management Systems
Encana is an EEO/AA Employer.
- Engineering Degree, preferably Petroleum Engineer
- Onshore drilling experience with 10+ years experience, of which a portion of this experience spent on drilling rigs supervising field operations, Rocky Mountain experience preferred
- Must be familiar with directional drilling
- Should be a good communicator and team player and has a proven track record of achieving results
- Lean/Six Sigma experience preferred
- Ability to satisfy Department of Justice requirements with or without assistance from Encana
Encana - 16 months ago
Encana Oil & Gas (USA) is a south of the border chip off the block of a Canadian energy giant. The company is an exploration and...