The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States and one of the nation's longest-enduring institutions. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your States and your community!
Nebraska National Guard
THIS POSITION CLOSES AT 11:59 PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY TO JOIN THE MILITARY (NEBRASKA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD) PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL RECRUITING OFFICE AT 1-402-309-7151.
NOTE: MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN THE LEVEL OF SECURITY CLEARANCE/BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED.
This position is located in a maintenance facility, warehouse, training site, supply or support type facility. Its purpose is to oversee one or more product lines, a segment of a large warehouse, or serve as the senior employee in a smaller warehouse or supply facility.
ORGANIZATIONAL LOCATION OF POSITION: USPFO S&S Div (Storage & Distribution Branch/Warehouse), Lincoln, NE
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is an Indefinite Dual Status (Excepted Service) Enlisted position only.
The man-year for this position is obligated to a Technician on military duty. Selectee may be displaced upon return of the incumbent or selectee may be converted to Permanent appointment if the incumbent does not request reemployment. Individual selected for an indefinite appointment is entitled to the following employee benefits: accrual of annual, sick, and military leave, health and life insurance benefits; and payment into the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS).
FOR ARMY ONLY
In order to comply with United States Department of Defense (DoD) requirements and ensure the safety and security of the missions, programs, property and personnel of the Nebraska Military Department and Nebraska National Guard, employees must obtain the appropriate background investigation and maintain the level of security clearance assigned to their respective work.
Failure to obtain and maintain the designated type of security clearance/background check required for the respective work, may result in a job offer being rescinded, separation of employment, and/or other actions as may be deemed in the best interest of the agency.
Prior to appointment individuals must meet the security clearance requirements for the position or submit the required documents of the Nebraska National Guard, Personnel Security Manager for processing the appropriate investigation. Required forms - SF 86, PSIP Initiation Form, Birth Certificate (or other proof of citizenship), Fingerprints, OF 306 and Application/Resume.
Nebraska National Guard Personnel Security Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org ; 402-309-8145.
Open Area of Consideration: 1, 2
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1 - Current permanent and indefinite bargaining unit Technicians of the Nebraska Army and Air National Guard and
Area 2 - All members of the Nebraska Army National Guard and personnel eligible to become members of the Nebraska Army National Guard.
Referral of Applicants: Qualified applicants will be referred to the selecting official in the following order:
1. Fully qualified Area 1 applicants.
2. Fully qualified Area 2 applicants.
Military membership in the Nebraska Army National Guard is mandatory.
Direct Deposit is mandatory.
Individuals with military incentive bonuses may be subject to recoupment.
Permanent Change of Station Benefits will not be paid.
(1) Performs a full range of warehousing activities to include receiving, storing, selecting and shipping bulk and bin materials and equipment. Assists in the development of plans for storage and arrangement of stock to determine warehouse configuration, setup, movement, rearrangement and traffic flow. In larger warehouse facilities, the incumbent may participate in developing storage and space utilization plans in accordance with materials storage areas. The assignment may include insuring the safe receipt, storage, and movement of hazardous items such as ammunition, explosives, chemicals, and radioactive materials in accordance with facility and regulatory requirements. In smaller warehouses, the incumbent serves as the senior non-supervisory work of the facility, laying our storage space, establishing item locations, determining organization and arrangement of stock, identifying high and low usage items. Serves as the senior member of a warehouse project team comprised of material handlers involved in a special project such as relocating a major commodity or equipment group, or setting up a new commodity group area. Prepares items for processing, utilizing appropriate Standard Army Management Information System (STAMIS) such as computer terminal and bar code reader to read, store, track and prepare material documentation. Performs classification inspections for material within range of authority. Ensure formal accountability when receiving, storing and issuing. Insures that special documentation remains with materials throughout the storage/issue process, i.e. Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), Controlled Cryptographic Item (CCI) certificate, and applicable annexes, Department of Army Form 581, Ammunition reside certificate. Performs quality assurance inspections of materials in storage. Prepares a variety of supply document and reports.
(2) Coordinates incoming and outgoing shipments and placement of materials within docking area. Schedules personnel to facilitate movement in accordance with priorities, scheduling requirements and space allocations. Operates large warehouse perimeter vehicles such as cargo tractors, stake trucks, mobile cranes, and forklifts ranging in size up to 10,000 lbs.
(3) Prepares inventory and production reports, screens and identifies shipping and receiving documents for discrepancies, and directs shipments to shipping or storage areas. May be required to store hazardous materials. This requires knowledge or specialized handling, storing and safety procedures that can only be gained through formal course of study and on-the-job training to insure adherence to governing regulatory procedures and policies. Operates numerous hand and stationary power tools.
(4) Identifies, examines, classifies, accepts and disposes of a wide variety of materials and property including electric equipment, aircraft and automotive components and assemblies. Determines physical condition and serviceability of material and property. Checks stock numbers and part numbers in supply catalogs to adequately identify property. Advises supervisor about inconsistent shipment information, defective material or property, and damage from shipping. Recommends action to be taken. Prepares statement of facts pertaining to loss, damage or destruction of property. Routes items to maintenance activity for technical inspection when defects, excessive wear, corrosion, missing parts or damage is discovered.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience or training which demonstrates the ability to compare item identification against receiving reports and issue request forms; skill in using hand trucks, dollies, and other equipment to move stock; ability to use hammers, pliers, and other hand tools; and ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- CREDITING EXPERIENCE: NATIONAL GUARD SERVICE MAY BE CREDITED AS FULL-TIME EXPERIENCE WHEN EVALUATED AGAINST THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR A MILITARY TECHNICIAN POSITION. EXPERIENCE MUST BE DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE POSITION AND MUST BE DESCRIBED IN THE WORK EXPERIENCE SECTION OF THE APPLICATION AND/OR RESUME. THE LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE IS DETERMINED BY THE ACTUAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES PERFORMED. BE DESCRIPTIVE, A SIMPLE LIST OF JOB TITLES AND DATES WILL NOT SUFFICE.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must possess at least 18 months of specialized experience or training in receiving, packaging, and preparation for shipment. Experience in compiling reports, overall warehouse planning, documentation requirements, and accepted warehouse methods, procedures and techniques. Experience in setting up and rotating storage locations considering factors such as life expectancy, available space, product turnover, serviceability, etc. Experience in interpreting and applying written instructions, reference materials, publications and manuals.
1. Ability to do the more difficult tasks, answer questions, and check the work performed at the lower level.
2. Skill in setting up and rotating storage locations.
3. Skill in determining storage and overage in inventory; inspecting items to determine fair, wear and tear.
4. Ability to read and interpret technical publications, manuals and regulations.
NOTE: REGARDING QUALITY OF EXPERIENCE: Length of time is not of itself qualifying. Candidates' experience should be evaluated on the basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual; however, established compatibility criteria/assignment must be followed. The applicant's record of experience, training, and education must show possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the position to be filled.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience: There is no substitution of education for this position.
College transcripts MUST be submitted for professional positions or when substituting education for experience. NOTE: If you are using education as a substitution of experience OR education is a mandatory requirement to meet qualification, YOU MUST SUBMIT copies of college transcripts when required. Failure to provide college transcripts when required will result in an ineligible rating. NOTE: The Nebraska National Guard HRO has a document entitled "Secrets to Getting a Technician Job"; you are encouraged to follow the link provided if you are interested. http://ne.ng.mil/ArmyGuard/Tech%20Branch%20Documents/SecretstoGettingaTechnicianJob1.pdf
REMEMBER: Military training directly related to the type of work of the position may be substituted on a day for day basis.
To submit the documents requested follow the instructions below: Your resume, curriculum vitae, the Optional Application for Federal Employment (OF 612), or any other written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications. Your document(s) can be submitted electronically using the document upload process or by fax. Please ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.
Note: Please ensure that your resume contains the basic information outlined under the Applying for a Federal Job link: http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of612.pdf
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
MILITARY GRADES: Maximum Military Grade E7; Minimum Military Grade E1 ; Military grade inversion within the full time work force is not permitted. The military grade of the full time supervisor must equal or exceed the military grade of the personnel supervised.
Compatible Military Assignments: Enlisted - CMF 91, MOS 36B, 51C, 74B, 88M, 88N, 89A, 89B, 92A, 92F, 92G, 92Y
Individual does not have to be currently assigned to one of these career fields to be considered for this position; however compatibility requirements must be met prior to appointment to the position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating .
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
Main New Employee Website - http://www.opm.gov/insure/new_employ/index.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - The Federal Flexible Spending Accounts Program (FSAFeds) allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The Federal Employees Health Benefits Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The Federal Employees' Group Life Insurance Program (FEGLI) offers: Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP) provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, and Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
1. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
2. Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the National Guard Human Resources Office, you must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number listed on this announcement with the prescribed Cover Letter. The Human Resources Office can only process materials received through USA Jobs.
usajobs.gov - 20 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...