Job Requisition ID: 26473
Job Type: Quality Management / Control
Work Time: Regular
State: Florida (US-FL)
Postal/Zip Code: 32824
Job Description Summary
Candidate will be responsible for performing routine tests as required on raw materials in process components and final product. Candidate will participate in the validation of tests, inspections, processing methods and materials qualifications. Position requires the employee to perform a wide variety of Quality Control functions including, but not limited to, the following:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Perform daily compressive strength testing of hardened concrete specimens
- Perform daily pre/post pour inspections on products
- Maintain clear and precise record keeping according to various DOT & Association requirements
- Assist when necessary with strip, setup, and pouring of products
- Stenciling and marking of all products
- Experience with construction materials
- Basic computer skills
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to read drawings
- Currently holds (or has the ability to attain within 60 days) Quality Control Certifications including, but not limited to, ACI Concrete Field Testing Methods, NPCA and/or PCI and/or PCSA Levels 1 and 2
- Associates degree or equivalent form of a two year college; or equivalent in years of related experience or training preferred
What Oldcastle offers you
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
About Oldcastle Building Products
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise. Oldcastle Building Products (OBP) is comprised of four businesses with 9,000 employees and 400 locations. This includes Masonry & Hardscapes, Precast, Lawn & Garden and Bonsal American. We are the leading producer of concrete products for the commercial masonry, professional landscaping and consumer DIY markets. In addition, we are also a regional leader in clay brick, cement dry-mixes, and packaged lawn & garden products.
One of our employees says it best…
"Over 27 years, Oldcastle has always provided me with growth opportunities." – Gary
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Precast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Oldcastle Precast is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...