McKinsey Solutions (MSO) is McKinsey & Company's complementary consulting service and focuses on providing flexible access to some of our most distinctive proprietary knowledge – delivering the right analytical tools, specialist expertise, and proprietary data to equip organizations to overcome their challenges. We are currently recruiting a Marketing Analyst for McKinsey Advanced Healthcare Analytics, a part of MSO.
McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm that advises the world’s leading businesses, governments and institutions. For more than 75 years, our mission has been to help our clients achieve distinctive, substantial, and lasting improvements in their performance. With more than 95 offices in over 50 countries, we have a truly global reach and serve more than 8 in 10 of Fortune magazine’s Most Admired Companies.
McKinsey Solutions is a fully integrated office of McKinsey & Company and represents the next generation of client service. The portfolio of services and software solutions leverage McKinsey’s most distinctive proprietary knowledge, such as databases, models, tools, and insights. McKinsey Solutions provides clients with “packaged solutions,” typically including an online service delivery platform (“software as a service”), enabling executives and senior managers to accelerate decision making and build capabilities. Solutions represent an important and rapidly growing area for McKinsey.
McKinsey Advanced Healthcare Analytics offers scalable analytic solutions that help clients drive strategic decision marking and improve performance in the ever evolving US healthcare landscape. Formed in 2010, MAHA is one of 15 McKinsey Solutions across industry and functional practices, created in response to clients asking for more flexible service models, deeper content, and extended support in implementation for impact, leveraging technology and capability building.
MAHA consists of a diverse team of healthcare industry specialists, analytics experts, economists and consultants who collectively deliver impactful and actionable insights through advanced analytics to healthcare payors and providers in the US. MAHA is entrepreneurial, fast-growing and seeks highly talented individuals with a passion for healthcare, analytics, innovation and client service. We are keen to connect with people who can operate comfortably in a start-up environment, where there is considerable market opportunity coupled with significant ambiguity that requires a flexible and agile approach. It will be both exciting and challenging to stay abreast of developments in the rapidly changing US healthcare landscape and be highly responsive to evolving client needs.
MAHA has three unique service lines
1. Micro Market Modeling and Business Intelligence
McKinsey’s Micro Market Modeling service line offers a distinctive and comprehensive suite of products to project how health care reform will play out over time. Supported by McKinsey’s Predictive Agent-based Coverage Tool (MPACT), these products inform strategic and operational decisions through a granular and dynamic behavioral model that simulates the impact of healthcare reform based on the decisions of individual consumers, payors, employers and policy makers.
MPACT contains 300 million agents representing all residents of the US. Each agent is characterized by their county of residence, type of insurance coverage, and 8 demographic variables. Over the course of the micro-simulation, agents in each geo-demographic segment make health insurance purchasing decisions depending on their eligibility, prior purchasing behavior, demographics (including risk status), subsidy eligibility and penalty impact, among other factors. Products include a database of outputs containing information on insurance coverage (e.g., Uninsured, Individual, Medicaid) at the county level by demographic segment for 2010-2019. Additional analyses such as Exchange sizing, expected medical costs under commercial insurance, Individual market premiums, take-up rates, and opt-out rates are also available.
MPACT’s distinctiveness has driven thorough market penetration and is the “industry standard” among micro-simulation coverage models.
MAHA’s Consumer service line is a rapidly growing set of offerings focused on understanding, modeling and optimizing for consumer behavior in healthcare. A core piece of this platform is our Exchange Simulation product - an industry-leading, interactive and iterative war-gaming exercise that allows clients to launch products on an online ‘Exchange’ to be tested with a large live consumer population. This experience informs clients about how product strategy affects risk attraction and ability to perform against competitors, and it allows them to determine how product and pricing strategies change over time as competitors learn from the market. Understanding how consumers behave in a new marketplace is critical to success in the retail healthcare environment.
3. Healthcare Value
MAHA’s Healthcare Value service line is the newest addition to our suite of analytic solution offerings. As healthcare costs continue to rise, the need to understand where value resides and how it can be captured is critical to healthcare payors and providers. Key agenda items on the minds of industry leaders include: ‘how can provider performance be measured?,' and ‘how can the industry improve the value of its spend?’ As a step in this direction, MAHA is developing a solution for healthcare payors to drive the implementation of episode-based pricing models, which will transform the way physicians are compensated for managing a variety of patient conditions, establishing incentives and creating accountability for delivering high quality, affordable care.
Learn more at: http://www.maha-us.com
The Client Development and Marketing Analyst will support the MAHA Head of Business Development and Marketing to design and execute the go-to-market strategy for all three MAHA service lines as well as managing overall MAHA marketing and brand presence. The role will work closely with MAHA service line leadership and product managers as well as with the McKinsey Solutions marketing and communications team and Firm Communications.
The main tasks of the Client Development and Marketing analyst comprise:
- Managing the MAHA client pipeline and target client list for all three service lines, including tracking client development activities, including lead generation and regular reporting of progress against sales goals
- Coordinating the end-to-end delivery of MAHA wide marketing initiatives (including e-marketing campaign and website strategy, increasing conference/sponsorship presence, workshops, webinar planning and execution, alumni strategy, direct mail)
- Supporting the development of MAHA’s overall branding strategy including ensuring it is executed consistently across marketing materials both internally and externally by MAHA stakeholders
- Developing high-quality impactful marketing collateral and messaging (brochure, flash demos), for general brand awareness, for specific service lines (new product launches and promotional campaigns) as well as client specific materials and presentations
- Identifying opportunities for increased internal and external visibility of MAHA (e.g., participating in McKinsey Practice events, training, conferences, creating visibility across internal media, external PR activities etc)
- Providing planning support and logistics for MAHA wide events (both external and internal) including conferences, dinners and workshops
- Working with external vendors to deliver marketing strategies (b2b sales and marketing support, communications materials, website design, conference organizers etc)
- Potentially developing and executing a strategy to understand the voice of the customer through relevant client feedback (interviews, surveys, focus groups)
- Maintaining an up-to-date competitor intelligence capability for each product line including strategic pricing and assessment of relative value propositions
Desired skills and mindset:
The ideal candidate should hold a degree in business administration, marketing, communications or other related fields, have strong academic credentials, and have a proven track record of success during 2-4 years of relevant experience, working in a marketing department or in a marketing/communications agency. The candidate will need to have outstanding proven communication skills. Desired skills and experience include:
- Pragmatic, action-oriented doer, independent, energetic, team player
- Rigorous, analytically driven working style and approach to problem solving
- Clear, confident communication skills, especially written communications
- Experience in developing marketing collateral, branding, communications, or other marketing initiatives
- High comfort level with entrepreneurial ventures, ability to multi task and prioritize
- High level of initiative, follow up and persistence, ability to deal with ambiguity
- Professional attitude and work standards, outstanding interpersonal and networking skills
- Flexibility to travel within United States
McKinsey & Company - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -
McKinsey & Company is one of the world's top management consulting firms. With roughly 90 offices in more than 50 countries around...