The world’s leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT). As an EMT, you will r espond to medical calls and compose medical and activity reports. Many EMT positions also include security and safety patrols.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
- Respond to 911 calls and administer appropriate medical care
- Complete detailed medical reports, as applicable
- Follow up with patient care
- Performs security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Sound alarms or call police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Pass a State licensing test if driving a company-owned or client-provided vehicle
- Must be a nationally registered Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- While not required, prior Advance Life Support experience is a plus!
- Ability to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the State
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, running, walking, and sitting. Stooping or kneeling required often.
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S Secure Solutions (G4S) counters the perils of modern life by providing a full slate of security services to corporate, industrial, and...