We believe in the power of science to transform life and the power of people to make it happen. If you’re ready to take charge of your impact in the world, you can do it here. We’re a diverse group of individuals dedicated to improving the human condition and united in the privilege of shaping discovery and improving life.
Opportunity for exceptional electrical engineer, who is highly productive, lives to create, and wants to build and ship electronics for a disruptive technology.
Essential skills and background include:
Ion Torrent™ uses a new sequencing technology that brings the transformative power of the semiconductor to the life sciences. Ion Torrent Technology™ directly translates chemically encoded information (A, C, G, T) into digital information (0, 1) on a semiconductor chip. This approach marries simple chemistry to proprietary semiconductor technology - it’s “Watson meets Moore”. The result is a sequencing system that is simpler, faster, more cost effective and scalable than any other technology available. The semiconductor has transformed every industry it's touched. Just as the microprocessor enabled desktop computing to displace the mainframe, semiconductor technology will inevitably democratize sequencing, putting it within the reach of any lab or clinic.
- Clear history of both analog and digital circuit design creativity
- At least seven years of demonstrated timely, independent contribution and growth in electrical engineering, critical to product success
- Mastery of industry-standard tools for PCBA design simulation and capture
- Obvious self-starter in adoption of new processes, and contributing as member of a small, fast-paced team
- Proven history of independent problem-solving through hands-on measurement, revision of design, coordination of hardware fabrication/assembly, and validation of prototypes
- Success in managing a contractor providing CAD services, with an understanding of DFM, DFT
- Ability to rapidly define and implement test requirements, including independent creation of test fixtures
If you work hard, but have been seeking greater fulfillment, growth, and camaraderie -- come work with the company that is first to announce its intention to win the $10M Archon Genomics X Prize.
Life Technologies - 2 years ago
Life Technologies is a global biotechnology tools company providing premier systems, consumables, and services for scientific researchers...